on 1 July 2015
Hardy tool. The grind is smooth and coarseness easily adjusted. Pleasantly surprised that it came with the peppercorns! There was no box - it was put into a small box with another boxed item, paper filler added to imobilise the items. It was intact but I would worry if it was sent on its own. So 4 stars because of this.
on 10 July 2010
This salt mill is of superb quality, very chuncky and very well made. I was over the moon with it.
on 6 December 2011
Having enjoyed a very similar, acrylic pepper mill for twenty years, I thought this was just the ticket when the old one finally broke. Having used (with patience) this particular model for a few months, I see that the problem is in the plastic grinding wheel. It is just not up to the job! The peppercorns are just the same as they have always been. Be sure to seek out metal mechanisms, if you want pepper. A very disappointing purchase.
on 26 October 2011
The problem with this salt grinder is that it starts out as a decent salt grinder and then over a period ceases to be one. The main flaw is the grinding mechanism which is made of plastic and which is just not wear resistant enough to have anything like the required longevity. Presumably they use plastic because of the corrosive potential of salt on steel but it isn't nearly tough enough for the job.
I'm off to look for a salt grinder with a stainless steel grinding mechanism.
on 3 January 2011
Not completly happy with this product. Basically it is a pepper grinder that does not grind.
However, I also purchased an acrylic salt mill to match. My wife swapped the pepper and salt from each mill and low and behold the pepper grinds in the salt mill (not brilliantly but good enough)and the salt works in the peppermill.
on 7 July 2011
Good product, the grinder works perfect, and it looks pretty and elegant on the table, i am happy with my purchase :)
on 16 May 2014
This set is perfect for my needs. I only wanted a little set that I could leave on the table and these are just the right size that they don't make anything look cluttered. Nice and sturdy. The only slight downside is to change the coarseness of the grind the top rotating bit has to become a little wobbly. Very minor though and i would still buy them again.
on 16 September 2011
After searching for another pepper mill at a reasonable price, I settled on this one, hoping it would operate ok. Well, I needn't have worried: works very smoothly, grinds well and even came 'loaded' My son is over his pepper withdrawal symptoms, and peace reigns once more. Very reasonably priced, excellent service.
on 11 March 2013
bought this with pepper mill as wedding gift so i can say it arrived in good time and securely packed.was apprehensive when i saw feedback from people who had purchases acrylic mills from other vendors regarding the grinding action,however the recipients of the gift report it functions beautifully so thank you T&G
on 13 February 2014
I had been looking for months for the perfect match of pepper and salt grinder and ordered a few from other brands, promptly returned! This is exactly the size I was looking for (10cm). I love its simplicity and it works perfectly. It also looks lovely on the table. Buy it, you won't be disappointed!