on 8 December 2010
I recently purchased this album for about a tenner, and it's proved to be the best ten pounds I've ever spent! Don't be put off by the fact that the album is in Norwegian, because the songs are still catchy! I especially liked ' Jeg er fremmed her ' (I am a stranger here)and 'Taksameteret gar' ( The Taxi meter is running). Knowing a bit of Norwegian, I translated the song titles! ' Herre I drommen'(here in the dream),'Vuggevise'(lullaby),'Jeg kjenner ingen fremtid'(I know nothing of the future),'Gammal og vis' (older and wiser)'Tilbake til livet'(returning to life)'Himmelske danser'(the heavens dance), 'Sondag Morgen', (Sunday morning) and 'Lyser nar du drar'(Lighting your way when you travel or guiding light). Morten's vocals are as fantastic as ever,and if you enjoy this album as much as I have, and intend to for many years to come,check out his other solo works to date, Poetenes Evangelium,also in Norwegian, but quite religious in theme,Letter from Egypt, which is in English and very good,and Wild Seed, which is also religious in content but great nonetheless.Strictly for Morten Harket fans, selvfolgelig! (of course!)And I bet you anything that 'Taksameteret gar' will stick in your head for days after you've first heard it!Well worth a listen, or two, or three,or four.......
on 12 May 2014
I became a Morten Harket fan because I used to listen to A-ha, then I found out about Moten's projects and I discovered how wonderful his music is. This album has nothing to do with A-ha, but it's a great album. The music is so impressive, and even though I didn't understand a word at first, I totally loved it. Later, I started using a dictionary to find out what I was singing about, I wasn't able to understand everything, however I realised the lyrics reflect Morten's way of writing songs. The best songs are "Fremmed Her", "Himmelske Danser" and "Jeg Kjenner Ingen Fremtid". He's so creative and talented that I absolutely recommend this album, just as the other ones!
on 17 September 2015
Excellent album, overlooked by the English speaking market as sung in Norwegian. Worth seeking out.