on 24 February 2018
If you're thinking about buying your first bike mirror then just do it. Once you get into the habit of using it, riding will become so much safer. This mirror takes seconds to fit and adjustment is easy. I have one fitted on my road bike on the inside of my drop bars (right hand side of the bike) right at the end, just next to the bar plug (see photo). In this position it's discreet and out of harm's way. Also it seems to be at the right angle for riding on the hoods or the drops!
I really like the design of this mirror. It's quite small but you really don't want something too big that'll get knocked or make your bike look stupid. It's lightweight, inexpensive and of good quality. I've had mine fitted to the bike for several years now and it has not deteriorated at all, despite riding all year round. Some other reviewers have commented on the mounting system being inadequate but I can tell you that if you strap it to soft bar tape (as I have) then it is going nowhere. It doesn't rattle out of position or anything.
All my mates think I'm a goon for putting a mirror on my road bike but I don't care.
review image
on 20 December 2017
Having wasted so much money over the years on useless mirrors, I have now found this little gem of a mirror. One fault common to all the others was vibration. If the mirror itself did not get the shakes, the arm would, or the fixing. This one is perfect. It is like the rear view mirror in your car. Being so small, you may wonder if it shows anything, but the surface is ever so slightly convex, which gives you a perfect, undistorted view of what is behind. The fixing is so clever as well; it is so easy and convenient to mount it on the handle bar, the cross bar, the fork... I fixed mine on the handle bar, but it got in the way of the shifter, so put it on the cross bar. Again, you may think that that will only give you a view of your legs going up and down, but, I have a brilliant view of the road. All of the road, not just a sliver; really amazing product. Do not hesitate, buy it.
on 31 March 2015
This is way below the average stars awarded to this mirror, so I'll do my best to explain why.

Hmm, where to start?

Ok, the bike, I bought this to use on is a Brompton M3L - so straight bars essentially. The first problem is that fitting it so that it's over the top of the bars reduces your hand room too much. Fit it under the bars and your arm obscures it.

I managed to bodge it to fit over the end of the handlebars, so that the mirror was in line with the bars. This needed a couple of zip-ties as the mount doesn't allow 3D movement. My arm still blocked the view, but not too badly now.

Out on the road, the limitations really came apparent - the small size and lumpy mirror combined with vibration to make a clear image a distant dream. And I kept having to move my arm every time I wanted to check it.

I gave it a few days (about 30 miles of commuting) before I binned it and went back to a traditional bar end mirror. Whilst I did get used to the image it presented, I was having to study it to make it resolve into something useful, which defeats the safety aspect of a mirror. At night, forget it. The distortion of the lens means that headlights just wash everything out.

I can see it working better on drop bars, and for someone who only wants to have a little 'early warning device' instead of receive a proper picture of what is going on behind you.

The image is too small, too distorted and on flat bars the placement options mean you can't have an unobstructed view of the mirror.
11 Comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 May 2013
This bike rear view mirror has just arrived. Cant believe I've spent £10.22, including p&p for this tiny plastic "mirror" which is held onto bike with an elastic band. I cant see this worth fitting as mirror is so small I imagine it to be dangerous. It might be useful as a secondary mirror used with my existing one. If i'd have seen it in a shop I dont think I'd have paid more than a couple of pounds. UPDATE; Having used this now a few times I've taken it of my bike and its gone in the dust bin. To me it is a useless mirror, not fit for purpose.
44 Comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 January 2018
So SMALL! Could hardly believe it when I got it out of the box. And my fears were justified when I tried it out. Really hard to target and then use. Have to keep moving my head around to catch sight of the rear. Easier to just turn my head and look. Also, I have to remove it each time I get off the bike or it will be nicked so easily. Very disappointed
on 29 August 2017
My bike has straight bars with extensions, and I couldn't find a convenient mounting option - it either got in the way of my hand, or was obscured by it. It is also small, and had to be positioned critically to get the right view - on every journey as it's bound to get knocked. I know it's cheap, but the plastic is distorted. I replaced it with Zefal's bar end version Zefal Spin Tripple Adjustment Bar End Mounted Bike Mirror for Road Bikes and on this morning's commute, it easily kept the 2 lanes to my right in view without having to squint into it.
on 3 August 2015
Sadly the strapping broke as I was putting it on for the fist time - I didn't apply excessive pressure but it would seem the strap isn't fit for purpose. Certainly constantly moving the strap would result in disappointment within a short time.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 January 2018
I am pleased that I bought this item.
I placed it on the offside fork of the cycle, it works okay, and gives a rear view,adujustable; you still need to physically look behind, to be sure its safe, before making a turn. This item is good for easy interchanging between cycles and can be safely taken with owner when cycle is left unattended.
on 16 March 2018
Even with panniers in place you can still see right behind yourself - I was astonished how small the mirror is, but even more astonished how clearly you can see what's happening behind you.
Fits easily and easily adjustable.
If I lost it, I would buy it again in a heartbeat.
on 25 July 2016
Fantastic little mirror that doesn't look much but oh it's great... I had one on my bike before giving up cycling a few years back due to bad health and lack of storage facilities so I had no hesitation in buying it again when I started cycling again last week... It's adjustable but it's tight enough that it doesn't move (unless your hand accidentally hits it)... You get a clear view of what's behind you even though it looks so small and it doesn't shake like some other mirrors I researched... I have trouble with vertigo (though it's never bothered me when I'm cycling unless I have to turn my head) so turning to look behind me isn't a very safe option... I still turn if I need to but the mirror is so helpful that I don't need to turn as much as I used to... My only issue with it is the strap... Over time it can become loose but it's got enough stretch that you can tighten it to another another hole so it lasts a bit longer...