on 14 September 2011
This unit is not the best for use on a MTB, the range of the speed sensor does not suit long forks, and the sensor itself is too flimsy - I broke one of the ends off mine pulling the zip tie. The watch unit is water proof but again the quality of materials is not great - in particular the plastic face - mine cracked when my bike fell over through the vibration going through the bars - it did not get a direct hit!the innards then got wet and the unit failed. The face of the unit should at the price they charge be a mineral glass surely.The plastic face scrathces very easily too. Polar aftermarket replaced the whole watch - at cost! despite me giving them a maximum £35 service.

If youre in the market for a cycling specific HRM - I would shy away from this one to be perfectly honest.

I do like the polar online trainer and the ability to upload workouts to your calendar. That is the best feature of the unit.
on 16 November 2012
After buying polar products for over 15years i bought this hrm for cycling and have to say how dissapointed i was with the quality.the models (cycling specific)that i had before were great and i bought polar everytime "made in finland",and my heart sank when i saw "made in china".firstly the stop start button when worn on wrist sets off constantly accidently messing up my weekly averages a terrible design flaw.the older models stop/start being on the top which was easier to use on the bike too.it also keeps losing speed indication when scrolling on the bike this time messing up your average speed.so dont think you can check other things like average speed,max etc without this making speed go to zero coming back after a few mins but messing up average.basically if you dont buy the finland made top of the range buy a decent speedometer and a cheap hrm.any serious cyclist wont touch this with a barge pole.polar were always excellent quality but the made in china crap they sell now has been in my cycling club rightfully slaughtered ..buy at your own peril and if you are a serious cyclist avoid like the plague
on 1 May 2011
Ok so.. Tricky to set up on the bike... the magnets, the sensors (got a cedence sensor as well) and the unit itself have to be installed to quite specific tolerances. You have NO freedom with regards to where you're installing the parts and the unit - which is something I really dislike.
When biking, the unit MUST be on the handlebars, right above the sender for the speed/distance - you cant wear it. Unimpressed.

It's handy enough as HRM, and as a watch.
I'm missing GPS functionality, or even capability to function with a GPS module.

All in all - I wish I'd gone for a boggo bicycle computer and a seperate HRM paired with a GPS.

There are competing solutions from other manufactures that I'd be looking at before buying this & I wish I had when I placed the order.

Unimpressed.
on 9 September 2011
Pretty frustrated by this product - unfortunately too late for me to return now!

Main faults:

1) Watch loses contact with speed sensor frequently on a ride - despite the set-up being "perfect".
2) Night light is a waste of time - so can't see anything on a late ride.
3) Connecting the device to a computer to transfer ride information is near impossible. Last saw this type of technology on a ZX81!

All in all - looks nice but doesn't do what it says on the tin!
on 6 September 2012
Had the Polar Cs 300 out of the box for about 6 weeks now. Used it with just the HR monitor first and this works very well, the chest band is better than previous Polar and other brands I have used. Just started using as a cycle comp when I got round to attaching to the bike. I have not bothered fixing the handle bar attachment and just left watch on wrist, this works fine as long as you don't spend too much time off the bars, quick swig of water and signal is ok. The Polar is a HR monitor with a cycle comp on rather than the other way round so rather than getting your speed all the time with other options scrolled around it, you always get the HR with the cycling info scrolled around it. all in all it is what I expected for the money and I am pleased with the purchase.
on 22 March 2011
I am a personal trainer and i use polar heart rate monitors every day at work. I use them whilst i personal train people and also use the fitness test as part of health checks i also carry out on gym members.
I am happy with this product but i have received products from the far east faster than i received this. Hence, four stars.