Customer reviews

on 9 June 2015
Great cd , brilliant service from the American company that it came from !!
Everyone should own every cocteau twins album!!!
on 27 August 2013
This is such an emotional CD, and relaxing too. It would be good to listen to this with a romantic partner and melt away!
on 19 March 2013
Cocteau twins at their stunning best. If you've never heard the voice of an angel, well now's your chance. Just buy it!
on 31 July 2013
Paradoxically, it's easy to see why one could both love and dislike Liz Frazer's vocal sounds - For me, it's very much about everything that marries up so perfectly to make the unique Cocteau sound.
There are many beautiful sounds attributed to this threesome, but on this album there feels to be many more than one would expect. This is a consistently strong collection of wonderful arrangements that expose the rawest of talents.
This is my favourite of all of their albums...because I just happened to find it when I needed to find it most. Music at it's most healing of spirits.
on 7 April 2010
While writing this review I am actually listening to this album, and in my view this is there third best behind Heavan or Las Vegas and Tresure. and even though its my 3rd favorite it does have a couple of my favorite Cocteau Twins songs on it Eperdu and the awl-sum song Violaine which is so good I could never get bored of. Truely GREAT!!!!!!!!!
Stop fecking around, as swansongs go, this is DELICIOUS. My soul soars with every beat, there is no price I can put on this! Liz Frasier is our saviour (sic), that beautiful voice cannot be valued, make my dreams come true, please!
on 16 July 2009
so good-another classic cocteaus offering-i adore the track tishbite-its even my tag-not quite as easy to like as their earlier offerings like treasure,blue bell knoll,victorialand etc -but angelic,beautiful and well worth buying
on 29 April 2008
Very little needs to be said. You either get this or you don't. IMHO this should be available on the NHS. Liz and Robin produced some of the best original music of the 80s and 90s.
on 28 October 2003
I have only recently discovered the Cocteau Twins, and my first CDs were Heaven or Las Vegas (fantastic), Blue Bell Knoll (almost as good) and this one - Milk & Kisses, which I bought on the basis that reviews here said it was a return to form after a spell of blandness.
I cannot agree with that assessment - I think this album is 'so-so' - with three really good tracks (Ups, Calfskin Smack and Tishbite), and the rest are really rather average. The strange one for me is Serpentskirt, which sems to be raved about here and on the Cocteau Twins website - while I can't really see what the fuss is about.
However, as things go these days, 3 really good songs on a CD isn't bad, and they are worth having. But it was a bit of a let-down after the pure perfection of HOLV or BBK.