on 21 July 2009
Very pleased with this set - comes with more bits than we knew what to do with, but most importantly both the balls and mallets were suitably heavy and high quality to give a good game. The mallets are good and long enough too - we're all quite tall but this set is a good size. Great adult game if you have somewhere to play!
on 19 May 2009
Amazon seems determined to refer to this as a toy, but it felt like the real deal to me - very solid and substantial, well finished, all parts present and correct. Rules are an ongoing challenge, but I think that problem is between me and the game itself, rather than with this set. Highly recommended.
on 25 June 2010
Excellent value for money
Dont be fooled that they refer to it as a toy
This is a serious set and we are thrilled with it
The quality of this product exceeds any expectation
Many good nights out in the garden with this set ahead we hope
on 14 July 2010
A brilliant set, high quality.
I would recommend to anyone who wants a good set which is relatively affordable.
on 6 August 2009
Good set, but be aware that paint will be shed from the wooden balls and the balls can chip. If you are likely to take the game more seriously you are going to need a (more expensive) croquet set with plastic balls which are much more robust - I will soon be ordering a set of replacement (plastic) balls. My 11 year old twins are OK with the full size mallets in this set; younger kids would need smaller mallets.
on 31 August 2010
As I think others have mentioned, this is not really a toy, but a full-size adult croquet set, complete with all the trimmings (more than we've found a use for!). The build quality seems pretty good, and all the parts come in a robust canvas carry case, which will come in handy for over-winter storage.

My only complaint is that the game instructions are too brief, but a few minutes on Google solved that problem - still a rather strange oversight for what is otherwise an impressive package
on 22 August 2010
A fine set for a Sunday afternoon family game. Good quality and not too expensive. Delivery was prompt too. Overall, very pleased.
on 10 June 2013
I ordered this product from the Shed Store online and it arrived the next day, securing wrapped. The set is fantastic value for money and is built to last. The accessories are fantastic and the carry bag makes it very portable. I highly recommend.
on 24 July 2015
We were impressed with the quality of this product, Everything that you could possibly want is included in the strong carry case. Unfortunately one of the mallets must have had a fault in the wood, because on about the second hit, the handle broke near the joint with the head of the mallet. All the other mallets were fine. When I contacted the company, they were hugely efficient and helpful; sending me another mallet by return, without any quibble. They were a pleasure to deal with and I would not hesitate to buy further products from them in the future. I would recommend this product.
on 10 March 2016
I bought this set as a gift so haven't played with it. I was there when it was opened and was very happy with it. The set comes in a plain cardboard shipping box. Within this is the canvas bag which feels pretty sturdy. Inside the bag everything is individually wrapped in plastic for protection. The parts all feel like quality items and should last a long time.