Wombling Free [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon 16 November 2017
Took a trip down memory lane watching this with my little one who was absolutely entranced by the lovely Wombles of Wimbledon Common. This is such a charming film with a very important message that was ahead of its time. Whilst certain aspects make it show its age (e.g. the cars and clothes), it is also essentially timeless. The Wombles have a great deal to teach us about how to look after our planet, if only we muddle-headed humans would listen!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 January 2017
Watched this with my daughter after telling her about some of the programs from when I was young. She loved it and was enthralled by the wombles, she is now watching the original episodes on youtube.
The film made me feel very nostalgic and it was great so see David Tomlinson on screen again.
The story was as you would hope, light, fun & entertaining and suitable for the whole family.
I expect it may seem dated to older kids or to some that were not from a wombling era. But give it a chance, you may just enjoy it!
on 6 November 2017
good old film bonnie langford so young
on 12 April 2017
Fabulous if outdated film.
on 28 July 2011
I watched this many times when I was a child so I bought it for my own. They need to be a little older to properly appreciate/understand it(5 & 3 yro) but I loved watching it again with them all the same. The message it has about being environmentally responsible was lost on me as a child, but as an adult is very relevant. Love the music, love the quality.
on 28 February 2013
Bought as gift for Grandson as he loved the Wombles song on another CD he was given. I was hoping it was going to be a set of the former TV programmes but it is more like a short film. My grandson loved it
on 22 July 2011
This is the story on Wombling Free

Based on the popular children's series, Wombling Free follows the adventures of the furry loveable litter-pickers from Wimbledon Common - The Wombles.
Only seen by those who believe in them, their work goes largely unnoticed until they are spotted by a young girl, who invites them to her birthday party to show her mother and the residents of Wimbledon that the cuddly crusaders do exist.

Meanwhile Orinoco, Tobermory, Bungo and the rest of The Wombles are up to Womble-ful things. They invent a pollution free car made of tin cans and mop handles, and stage a Hollywood musical extravaganza in an abandoned theatre - then launch the first balloon-powered aircraft!

The film on the DVD is alright, but they could of done better on the bonus features, the trailer is ok but the interviews are unedited from the Electric Winter Show and are too long and David Tomlinsons interview contains one or two bits of swearing, not sure that is suitable for a kids DVD.

Still, a good film for DVD but the bonus features could of been better,
3/5
on 17 December 2004
i watched this video 5yrs ago when i was in yr4 at school and it was great. i always had liked the wombles and this movie hit the spot. an excellent film.
on 15 September 2012
Was absolutely fab watching this film again. Bought it for my 4 year old not sure who enjoyed it more though. He sat and watched it all the way through. A lovely film, no guns or ammo only Wombles!!
on 19 November 2017
not the animated version that I expected and was torturous to watch... sadly unable to get a refund although £2 was a total waste of ££