Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 23 June 2005
This was one of the best animated series of the 90's together with Gargoyles and Spiderman.
At the moment the UK is getting the episodes released in small volumes, no doubt larger volumes such as this with appear in R2 eventually but who wants to wait a year before they can get them when multiregion players are so cheap?
Take my advice and buy this and the other 2 volumes rather than the sorry R2 offerings, you won't regret it!
Oh and by the way this volume does have the Cat and The Claw episodes, the previous reviewer must not have read the episode list properly!
on 3 December 2013
I grew up watching this series as a kid, and when I saw it was on DVD, I had to buy it.

I have to say, it has really stood the test of time! And I can't believe how dark it actually is - things that, as a child, I simply didn't notice or overlooked.

If you loved the series as a child, definitely add this to your DVD collection. I'd also recommend it for any fan of all things 'Batman'.
on 17 July 2013
This series contained everything that I hoped for and more! As a child I remember watching this series and it was from it that I truly realized my love for all things Batman.

Contains all 28 episodes from the first season with additional extras (such as the 1991 promo reel, which I found to be simply outstanding).

If you are a fan of Batman, this is a must buy!
on 8 August 2010
BOUGHT BATMAN ANIMATED SEASON 1,AND THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT, SHAME THEY STOPPED AFTEWR SEASON 4.
on 30 August 2013
This is one of the best Animated series ever!
If your a Batman fan or Animation fan pick this up.
Almost every single story is fantastic in my opinion
And so entertaining and brilliantly made, this is a the
Type of animation anyone of any age could watch.
I recomend without a doubt to buy this.
on 29 June 2011
I'm a child of the 90's (there, I said it) and consequently grew up with this show being broadcast as part of Saturday morning telivision shows. Consequently I am going to have some nostalgic feelings towards this show. The problem is, nostalgia sometimes cheats you and a cartoon you may have adored as a child has become, for want of a better word, dated. One only needs look at some of its stablemates or some of the output from the Eighties. The animation and voices look cheap and sound awful.

Batman: The Animated series doesn't suffer any of this. It is as brilliant (if not more) than I remember. Starting with that great Danny Elfman title music accompanying the wonderfully simplistic opening titles. Those hauntingly simple title cards, like classic film title cards probably started my love of pulp fiction covers. The look of Gotham city ( asort of future-deco), the character models and the voice acting all come together to make an incredibly professional and utterly watchable animated program. Now, those may not be enough, let me just say that some of the stories featured in this first volume are utterly brilliant. The set is worth it alone for the quite frankly brilliant (and Emmy winning) "Heart of Ice". For a half hour episode you get a characters origin and development, as well as a jolly fun Batman story.
on 22 July 2016
batman animates series is my Third favourite tv series. the animation is great and dark With great voice preformences by joker (Mark Hamill) and batman (Michael Keaton). None superhero show has never been like this and will probably never be. the original batman series is a classic thats needs to be seen.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 December 2012
My grandsons love this DVD in fact i think we have now looked through all 4 cd's.

I was used to the old live Bruce Wayne and Robin but this is quite good, Must try and see if can find CD of some of the original Batman shows.

Delivery very prompt
on 7 September 2012
This is a truly great series with a generous amount of episodes(28) for a very good price. I'd recommend this to anyone young or old. The character designs and voice acting are all great and Kevin Conroy is perfect as Bruce Wayne/Batman as is Mark Hamill as The Joker. If you've played the Arkham games then you'll be familiar with these voices.

It includes episodes featuring the joker, harley quinn, two-face, mr freeze, poison ivy, killer croc, manbat and lots of other criminals. Most of the time in this volume Batman works alone although there are a few episodes with Robin too.

The stories in the episodes draw you in and really get you addicted to the show. This is the best cartoon of Batman ever made and always will be in my opinion. It puzzles me why this hasn't been on TV for so many years.

Go ahead and buy this if you're into Batman or even if you're not. I guarantee there's something in this series for everyone.
on 26 May 2013
Tremendously brilliant, absolutely cannot be beaten for story, graphics & entertainment. Well worth the money.Delivered well inside timescale, even better because as a present, that's always a worry but not this time.