Customer reviews

on 18 February 2015
One heck of a job they done with the mastering in this set, some of the original CD's really lacked substance sound-wise but these are very enjoyable to listen to. Some wonderful eclectic music from the fantastically eccentric Bjork ranging from 'It's oh so quiet' to 'Joga',.
If you can find one cheap I would highly recommend it.
on 25 November 2010
The Rest is Noise: Listening to the Twentieth Century
A XX /XXI Century living musical reference.A collection of the studio albums(from Debut to Drawing Restraint 9)with 5.1 remastered surround versions. No Sacd or DVD Audio( It's possible to find separate versions of Vespertine and Medulla in these formats)included.I read some people told about problems with the Dual Disc format.I played all the discs in my Sacd /Dvd player without any problem in both audio and video content.
The sourround remastering adds a wider and deeper soundstage to Bjork music(with a great stereo soundstage by itself).
I only miss a good libreto that this collection deserved.
on 29 November 2014
Nicely packaged collection, the tunes sound great in 5.1 DTS.
on 2 October 2007
Beautiful packaging and presentation of Bjork masteful career. The videos on the flipped side are all worthy of watching. Some are incredible, especially the videos made for Vespertine. I haven't had the chance to listen to the 5.1 recordings so I can't comment.

This set does have a flaw - some dvd players will scratch the cd side, especially older models.

If you don't have many of bjorks albums, this is a must-buy. If you own them all, you can get all of Bjork's music videos on one DVD (Bjork - Greatest Hits), which works really well.
on 5 March 2007
I just invested in 5.1 surround sound for my living room and although I have already heard all of Bjorks' albums, I thought that these would be a great addition to my collection and the re-mastered sound on this box set really sold it for me.

I sat down to listen to my favorite Bjork album - Medulla (controversial, I'm sure).......... And WOW, the production has been vastly improved, the album itself has gotten deeper and more meaningful, the sound quality is just amazing and I found myself in absolute awe........

This meant that I was going to have to run through all of the albums again and what a difference, simply astonishing, I have found a new love for all of her albums (despite me loving them in the first place)

The pagaging is great (okay, so I actually prefer some of the earlier packaging but this is a very neat box-set)

The videos are....... Well a little odd to say the least but what would you expect...... You get so much from this set, you'd be pushed to find a more extensive catalougue of Bjorks great, great work!!
on 14 June 2006
This is a perfect box set of absolutely everything (except singles and mixes) that is Bjork. ALL of the studio albums (including the tough to digest - Drawing Restraint Number 9) and all the videos. Basically one side of the CD is the album. The second side is a DVD with all the videos. BONUS track on Drawing Restrtaint Number 9 as well). It's all here, Debut, Post, Homogenic, Vespertine, Selmasongs, Medulla & DR9. The question is - if you have ALL the cds and videos - is it worth getting? Probably not - but if you want everything in one package this is the BOX to get! And if your lucky it might come with a minature Bjork that you can pop in your pocket and take out at any given time.
on 30 July 2006
Absolutely brialliant. Great packaging of some absolutely briliant material. Music and visiual, what more could you want...total Bjork.
on 20 July 2006
In common with other reviews I feel that this is an unnecessary release. Bjork fans being what they are will almost certainly have all of these albums and videos already. I can't fault the quality of the recordings but surely it would be better to release the vast array of b sides, unreleased tracks and mixes that have appeared on her singles (including many vinyl only releases).

Personally I find all of this repackaging of catalogue albums most annoying.

Still 4 stars because if you don't already have these albums this is a great collection of music and some of the most innovative pop videos ever.