Customer reviews

on 19 March 2009
I need my music to get me going mostly when I'm traveling or working. Without my iPod, I can't travel, I can't work. The problem was always the earphones. Whether it was walkman, discman, minidisc player or iPod, every replacement earphones I've used always kept coming loose or falling from the ears (even with sponges) when I move my head. That's the most annoying thing in the world. I tried many earphones. I thought no company in the world would want to make the right earphones for my ears. But until I found this product.

The pros -
- I keep my iPod in my shirt's pocket where it's easy and quick to reach and operate. I needed a short cable. PHILIPS SHE 3601 did the job for me.
- At work, where I mostly listen to my iPod, I have to take the earphones on and off my ears many times. When I do that, I don't like the cables to fall or hang all the way down to floor. I needed something that always hangs around my neck (on or off) for easy reach. PHILIPS SHE 3601 did the job for me.
- It comes with extra sponges and it firmly fits in my ears. I needed something badly to avoid the most annoying thing in the world. PHILIPS SHE 3601 did the job for me.
- Talking about the sound, I needed something to work fine with my 30GB iPod to produce warm bass sound out of my classic rock, various metal, instrumental rock, pop-rock, collection from 70s, 80s and 90s (sometimes modern rock) so that I could enjoy my music very well. PHILIPS SHE 3601 did the job for me.

... and cons -
- If you keep your player in trouser pockets or bags, then it's not the right one. If you hang the strap around your neck, your player can only come down to your ribs. Even if you release neck strap, the maximum length the cables can serve is approximately 20inches(50cm). I don't understand why the company doesn't mention the length on the case.
- I always keep one or two spare. Every 6-8 months, I had to replace with new. Because every time, one side stops working. The fault lies right on the connection of cable and jack. It could be the weak point of the product or my own careless handling.

Despite this I'm very happy. PHILIPS SHE 3601 is white in color. If you're up for black. it's PHILIPS SHE 3600. All description is exactly same but just the color. I'm using both for 2-3 years now and will carry on using hoping it will continue to be in production. Thanks to Philips.