on 3 December 2013
Most of the collection is about the little mountain engines and is quite boring, as my grandson would testify. But, toward the end there are a few gems and good crashes which he likes very much. He watches Bulls Eyes (starring Daisy), Toad Stands By (starring Scruffy), Special Attraction (starring Bullstrode the barge), Henry and the elephant, Fish, Bowled Out (starring a diesel), Train Stops Play (starring a cricket match) and mind that bike (with Tom Tipper the post man) repeatedly.
The only problem for me is that I have to keep the remote handy to comply with his requests as he's only 2 and can't operate it yet.
on 23 July 2012
In this series we get a slight refresh of characters as we are introduced to the small and narrow gauge engines. The stories told are pretty faithful retelings of those in the original Awdry stories and with Rhenaus, Skarloey, Peter Sam and, of course Duke, there is a new dynamic to the relationships. For me this is something of a swansong: after this the stories were increasingly written by Britt Allcroft and co (which are not always as bad as people make out) and lack some of the authenticity and depth of the originals. Also, you don't get those annoying sing-alongs for which I won't be so forgiving of Ms Allcroft!
on 20 August 2017
Great dvd for kids. Arrived quickly
on 18 July 2015
Excellent DVD. Old episodes from 1994-1995. Grand value.
on 3 July 2015
My Branson is Thomas The Tank mad
on 17 June 2014
This DVD is one of my better buys. It was a good price. My 2yr old Granddaughter loves it. I think I'm her new B.F.F.!!!
on 27 August 2015
Great dvd. Arrived quick. Well packed
on 31 December 2016
Bought for my young children, always good entertainment.
on 16 February 2015
Very good worth the money
on 7 November 2016
i miss ringo. kid isn't bothered though.