on 11 September 2013
In short: While the older version of this remote works with all computers, the new model being sold here and else where aren't so reliable and don't work with all computers. I have no idea why.

For years we've used one of these in church to change over slides during the services. It's been round multiple laptops and operating systems (at least four macs, and a dozen varying windows machines). We lost ours about five months ago and as we liked the old one so much, we just bought a like-for-like replacement. Except it didn't work. The laser worked fine, but two windows machines didn't recognise it as a remote, just some unknown USB device. Never mind we thought, must be a dud. Sent it back to Amazon, they dispatch a new one. All very helpful. Except the new one doesn't work. So I try it on as many computers as possible. A few windows computers recognise it as an unknown USB device, one Mac on OS X recognises it as a wireless keyboard but can't work out what kind of keyboard (which doesn't let it function as a presenter remote). A few computers (with no rhyme no reason) work with it fine, but bizarrely not the ones that used to use the old presenter remote.

I do some snooping around online and it turns out that while the appearance of the pointer hasn't changed, something internally has and now it no longer works with everything consistently. I have no idea why. It's a shame as when it works it's wonderful and does exactly what you want and no more. Hopefully Kensington will issue a recall on the dodgy model, but right now I'd avoid buying it, even if you've had ones in the past that work fine.
22 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 May 2017
Good robust product - feels solid. I've had a few pointers that have broken over the years and I think this one will last much longer than they did. Works very well. Dongle picked up by Windows 7 and Windows 10 laptops I've used it with. Very convenient having the dongle stored in the handle. Already recommended this to friends who are also enjoying the product. Well worth the investment.
VINE VOICEon 16 September 2013
and it works supremely well.

For the price this product feels like it's worth more than the £20 I paid for it. It feels well weighted and good in the hand.

Rarely am I more than 15 feet from the laptop and so far so good, the Kensington works like a charm. The only item I'd like to see available is a holder. Even something like a cloth bag or neoprene holder is better than nothing.

If you're in the market for such a device I'd be hard pressed to wonder why anything more expensive would be required. This item works perfectly.
on 30 March 2015
This is is a brilliant device and I would recommend it to anyone who needs to be away from their laptop for presentations. Have used for 3 years and it's amazing. In addition to all the functional benefits, it also feels smooth and expensive in your hand, and makes me feel much more confident in presentations. I've used this to give talks in front of 300+ people and it never failed me.
on 22 March 2017
Works really well, does what it says on the tin
on 6 October 2016
Works amazingly well had it for about 6months now. Just stick the USB stick in laptop, doesn't even need any software. Best part is you don't need to point at the USB stick for it to work.
on 11 April 2017
Simple to use, range good seems to work anywhere in the class room, glad I chose the one with the laser light, good for pin pointing on the screen.
on 13 May 2017
Very happy with this wireless remote, I use it for powerpoints and it fits my hand perfectly and the built-in light dot pointer is helpful.
on 12 February 2017
Good product. Exactly as described.
on 20 April 2017
The best 'clicker' on the market. Very easy to set up and use with genius design of the usb sorted in the clicker itself. Very professional piece of kit and well designed and made. Would recommend