on 25 May 2012
These two films are comedy classics staring two well established comedy geniuses; I have been waiting many years for these to be released onto DVD and they finally have. However the copies I received had the cases in German, the film is still available to watch in English but if you wanted the case in the same language then this isn't the one for you; saying that the films were absolutely brilliant and well worth purchasing. I would definitely recommend them.
15 people found this helpful
on 18 June 2017
Jack Lemon and Walter Matthieu These guys have a great chemistry on screen and would keep you laughing all throughout both movies. My favourite is Grumpy Old Men as I think it has more humour but both are great in their own way. I found this blu ray double feature and I am really glad that I did. The picture quality is great for the age of both movies actually.
on 25 January 2016
Grumpy old men was a fantastic film I watched many years ago at the cinema, I loved this film so much I brought it on VHS when it was available & unfortunately like most VHS tapes they only have a certain lifespan, I was hoping this would be released in the UK on DVD or blu-ray & it hasn't been yet, when I saw this was available I thought I would take a chance & purchase it, the delivery time was fairly quick about a week or 10 days & the packaging was excellent, the picture quality both movies is very good indeed what I saw of them as I have not watched them all the way through, I have played 5 minutes of each film which are both on the 1 disc & they play fine on our R2 player.
One person found this helpful
on 23 June 2017
review for Grumpy Old Men & Grumpier Old Men [DVD] [1994] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
outstabding 2 movies on 1 dvd yes itgs a flip over dvd a & B and the movies is still one ot the best in comedy your ever see with out takes at the end of the 2 movies frun from start to end
on 14 January 2018
Disappointing! The films played in black and white, with unwanted English subtitles which apparently could be removed only at the end after watching them.
on 28 February 2018
I am very happy with this item.
on 30 January 2017
The DVD arrived quickly but was not in it's original seal - appeared to have been reseated which had heated up and wrinkled the plastic case and the paper cover insert was dented all over as though someone had rested on the case to write an essay! Not happy.
on 10 July 2017
Lovely films and wanted the widescreen versions for ages.
on 25 January 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed both films which I previously owned in VHS. The leading ladies are/were most attractive but, above all, the performances of Jack Lemmon, Walter Mathau and Burgess Meredith are highly entertaining
on 20 January 2011
Both my wife , myself and 19 year old son really thought, these extremely funny twosome Jack Lemmom and Walter Matthau were Wonderful. A Marvellous addition to comedy DVD collections. Rating - top notch laughter making, with other Greats in the Cast.
7 people found this helpful