on 31 August 2017
Bought this resolve issues with the on-board LAN socket (Atheros L1 Gigabit Attansic) on my 9 year old motherboard which was regularly dropping my internet connection with "Default Gateway Not Available" messages and also could not cope with file transfer demands between my new Netgear (Gigabit) router and Synology NAS on Windows 7. As soon as I attempted to transfer any large files to or from my network drive, my whole PC would just freeze and hang, requiring a hard reboot.

I bought this particular TP-link NIC card as I specifically wanted to use one of the available PCI slots on my motherboard as my only other PCI-E slot was taken by another expansion card (USB 3.0 card). It was a breeze to fit. Initially was not picked by the BIOS and the PC failed to POST. However probably my own fault as I tried to boot it without doing a CMOS battery reset and clearing the RTC Ram. After I did those things, the PC booted fine. I disabled the on-board LAN adapter via the BIOS and when Windows 7 started the TP-Link card was already recognised and installed in device manager, I did not need to use the included drivers from the mini-CD.

I am now getting reliable smooth 1Gb transfer speeds my NAS and PC and general internet works as good as ever without constantly being disconnected. So this card is highly recommended.

All in all a great fix to my problem for £7 and has breathed new life into my aging PC.
on 28 December 2017
I have a Windows Server acting as a firewall/router for an internal network and the old Gbps NICs died so I replaced the twin NICs with two of these (and bought one as a spare too).

Since I replaced the NICs with these, we've had no issues with the machine at all and the NICs are quietly going about their business doing their job, 24/7.

Performance wise, our Internet connection is rated at 200Mbps and when we run speed tests we regularly see 220Mbps as the measured speed so these NICs being 1Gbps are providing enough performance to handle our requirements from them.
on 6 April 2017
For the price of these units you really cant complain. I have purchased three of these, and used them with Windows and linux builds. Each time they have worked right out of the box. The performance from these units is as to be expected from any gigabit card, and they have lasted me over a year now of heavy use.

A solid bit of hardware for £5.
on 8 January 2018
Bought this to get an old Dell Dimension E520 hooked up with Windows Server 2016 Core to prep for an SQL Server Exam.
Pros:
• Plug n Play
• Versatile (comes with low profile bracket secured by two phillips screws)
• Solid build quality
• Good value for money (cost me £5.98 including postage)

Cons:
• None
on 21 January 2018
Great card easy to fit and set up used on windows10 pc so found card straight away
on 14 March 2017
Quick and easy to install and auto detected when installed into my computer
on 26 February 2014
Bought these to maximise my home computers use of fibre optic broadband as motherboards were 10/100 and was very impressed. Straight forward to fit and easy to setup. No problems at all after installing three of these and internet very much faster as now hooking up at 1GB.
on 20 December 2015
Worked straight away, didn't even need to install the driver as it seemed to work natively in Windows Vista. Lilely it would also work with Windows 7, 8 etc in the same way.
on 5 December 2017
Fitted to an old CNC Borer to give it internet access when required. Once the driver for Windows XP (yes, it's that old!) was loaded in it has worked fine.
on 25 October 2017
Worked straight away, now have gigabit ethernet and my internet speeds are phenomenal!