on 22 February 2007
Like the guy below, I also bought this after a great deal of research. I wanted a good 32inch tv that had HDMI but didn't want to spend too much on it.

This LG is a cracking piece of electronic equipment. It looks very smart, has built in Freeview which is well implemented, Picture in Picture which is a great addition and excellent picture quality. You're supposed to use a rooftop aerial for freeview but even with my standalone aerial in my room, the channels I receive are excellent quality and thats with about 30% signal. The sound quality is ok but like all LCD tvs, the built in speakers are just not that powerful. For best effect, hook it up to a good sound system.

Functionality - It is very easy to setup, the first time you start it up it searches for channels and then away you go. It has 3 Scart sockets, 1 Component Input, 1 HDMI input, PC input, Composite input and S-Video input...pretty much anything you need.

It would be nice to have 2 component inputs but for the price of the tv you can't complain.

I use my LG mainly with my Xbox 360 and the connection is superb. The response time on this TV is very fast (i think 8ms) which results in absolutely no ghosting whatsoever. The difference between an HDTV picture and a normal SDTV picture on the 360 is unbelievable.

The remote is pretty standard but functional and easy to use.

All in all, an excellent TV and for the price you can't go wrong. However, unlike the guy below I actually bought mine with Digital Direct and didn't have any problem. They were very helpful and the tv was delivered exactly when they said it would.
on 30 June 2007
Super tv, bought mine abou a year ago and i suppose the the best indication about its quality is how well it appears to have held ts price. Mine was £599 and its still difficult to find it much more than about £15 cheaper than when i bought it. Th picure in picture is great cos you can watch the football and the other half can still watch corrie! nd there are no more rows about who's going upstairs!

Loads of connections and having 3 scarts is really useful, and now i have sky+, television will never be the same again! Cant wait tilll HD is standard!!!

Never bough anything from LG before but base on this purchase, I will always check them out when buying electricals.
on 3 October 2007
Now don't get me wrong, I haven't really got any problems with the way this telly performs in the picture or sound departments (to be honest, I never thought I'd be able to afford a flat-screen TV quite so soon, so I can't complain too much) but after owning it for nearly a year, I do have a small list of niggles (including one quite major niggle, actually) that I feel duty-bound to share. Getting the major niggle out of the way first, I've found that occasionally when I switch the set on, I don't get a picture - at all - although I hear the sound loud and clear. The first time this happened was about a month into ownership and I nearly died. I subsequently found that turning the set off for a few seconds and then back on again 'cured' the problem but this is surely not 'normal' behaviour for a TV? The most obvious thing to think would be that I have a dodgy set but when I contacted LG about it they said it couldn't be classified as a 'fault' because it would be very difficult to re-create in their testing lab. Which is fair enough, I suppose, as it does very seldom do it. Nevertheless, when you've spent this kind of money on a TV, the very least you expect is for the picture to come on - every time! I guess there can't be anything fundamentally wrong with the set's inner workings 'cause it's still going fine and 95% of the time I don't get the problem but when I do, it's both annoying and a worry. The other problems I have are with the Electronic Programme Guide, which quite often functions painfully slowly and goes 'corrupted'. I've also had this problem with teletext, so maybe it's a signal issue and not a TV one, although my DVD recorder has a digital tuner but suffers no such issues. It's very hard to tell with this sort of problem what is at fault - the signal or the hardware. My last gripe about the 32LC2D is the sound it makes when switching off, which I can only liken to a lightbulb popping - very ungraceful and a detraction from it's stonking looks. This may sound a trivial complaint but it's the sort of sound you might hear if something had just gone 'kaput' inside the set, making you a bit nervous about switching it on next time. A nice 'click' - like my hi-fi does - would be better. Maybe I'm just too 'precious' about my consumer electronics but can you blame me? This set cost £600! So there you have it - the four stars are for it's picture and sound performance, which are perfectly adequate for my needs, not being particularly tech-savvy. I just hope the issues I've described are all totally innocent and don't worsen in any way. If anyone reading this has had similar experiences with either this or other LCD pieces of kit, I'd be interested to hear of them.
on 3 March 2008
This is a nice piece of kit. I got my last Christmas and It has been remarkable. I have a Wii Connected to it via component which brings a very vibrant and sharp image. I also have a DVD player which is upscaled to HDMI and also a PS3 all producing amazing images. Now the problem there are two problems with this tv the first is that it only has 1 HDMI port. This might be enough for some but for me it just isn't I need at least 2 to play my dvd and ps3 so I endedup buying a switch. The second problem is that it only supports 720p. 1080i is playable but makes the image a little blocky. If you want the latest equipment to play blue-ray or hd dvd or any of the next gen consoles i would look elsewhere. but for me it'll do as I can afford another one!
on 1 December 2007
Unbelievable!!! NO STARS. This monster does not have an OFF switch! How can such an item be allowed to be produced? We are asked to "change our lightbulbs" yet companies such as LG continue to pump out energy-intensive products like this & brainwash the gullible masses with billions of PR & advertising. DO NOT BUY if you care about our energy crisis, resource depletion, labour conditions, the environment or your electricity bill. Apart from that? Not a bad telly...