A simple Male 3.5mm jack to Female 3.5mm jack extension cable, LINDY audio 3metres long. The connector strain reliefs are properly bonded to the sheath of the cable, and the cable feels nice and durable. Only time (years?) will tell how good it really is, but it has good promise.

Audio performance is good, with no cross-talk, and there are no crackles with handling, and no buzz is picked up even when wrapped around a compact fluorescent. I've used it for extending a microphone cable, for extending a lead between player and amplifier, and also for extending a headphone lead.

So, five stars.
on 13 January 2012
Bought for my father so he can hear the news without making everyone else as deaf as he is. He says it is much clearer and louder than the cable that originally came with the 'booster' (?) unit. Which on inspection, after it died, was 'bell wire'. Reasonable quality item for a reasonable price.
on 15 September 2014
I needed a 3m extension cable to allow me to use A newly purchased Sony MDR 1 headphone . I decided on the Lindy because they make first class cables at very reasonable prices . The cable is very sturdy and comes in a sturdy bag that can be reused to store the cable when not in use . I cannot see the point in buying cheap cable for quality headphones ; nor wasting loads of money on silly priced ones either . Lindy cables sit happily in the middle and come with a long guarantee .
on 7 August 2013
I have a son who is a bit hard on his electronics, leading to another headphone set being purchased. Unfortunately his pc is on the floor and with a 1m cable on the headphones, an audio extension cable was needed.

This one wasn't expensive, performs exactly as you'd expect. I have nothing to criticise. Hence the 5 star rating.
on 16 April 2013
I am using this to connect 2(via a separate splitter) good quality wired headphones to my AV receiver. The cable plugs are well made with no visible flaws. Cable quality seems fine with a nice average thickness cable that is nice and flexible and seems to resist tangling.

The gold plating on the connectors seems very thin but that doesn't effect audio quality at all.
VINE VOICEon 4 February 2013
I bought this as a gift for someone at work and they are very pleased with it. The cable is actually far longer than needed but I chose this one for the good reviews and it is living up to those high ratings. The sound quality is excellent and far better than some more expensive products. I recommend this cable to anyone looking for a high standard of cable at a reasonable price.
on 19 May 2013
This cable is slightly more flexible than some similar cables. It works well with headphones on most of my equipment, but doesn't work at all with a Sony CD player, though the headphones on their own do. Perhaps Sony has a differently shaped 3.5mm socket, but it's a bit strange.
on 5 March 2013
I bought this to replace the many cheap cables that have either broken or been lost - I doubt this will break easily (in everyday use) and losing it will be difficult as it is so bulky and obvious!

For these reasons it is also not ideal and not recommended as an personal mp3 earphone extension cable. If you are plugging in to a PC or home HiFi then it does the job.

I'll stick with my Shure extension cable for out and about - it may cost a lot more but is so much thinner and more robust than the cheap cables.
on 1 September 2013
This product was OK when I first got it - good quality sound and did the job. However after about two months of using this it's stopped functioning properly. Started off with no sound in one ear and then eventually just a very faint sound was coming through the other one. You get what you pay for!
on 24 May 2013
There is nothing to beat the incredibly smooth, clear sound one obtains using gold plated contacts. (There is NO oxide layer - therefore a perfect contact.)
It cuts the mustard, does this and that's why I have ordered another one (for another appliance.

See one answered question