on 13 April 2017
DVD in good condition enjoyed thankyou
on 20 March 2017
A mess. Half the DVD doesn't play
on 28 September 2006
A great addition to the Ewing Family saga is this new DVD Box Set release of Season 5.

This glossy drama just keeps on growing from strength to strength, and the hits keep right on-a coming. The opening episode of this season allows us to find out who the body in the Southfork pool is and in later episodes we say goodbye to a well-loved character plus welcome the addition of a fateful character who was to make her mark in later seasons in more ways than one.

Season 5 of "Dallas" treats us to some beautifully filmed episodes at both Southfork Ranch in Braddock and the Southern Cross Ranch in San Angelo which belongs to the wealthy Farlow clan - Clayton (Howard Keel) and crippled Son, Stephen 'Dusty' (Jared Martin). The Southern Cross is also the new abode for J.R.'s estranged wife, Sue Ellen and their Son, John Ross, but the question is - for how long, as courtroom battles for the custody of J.R. III soon get underway.

Don't be afraid to add this Box Set to your growing collection of Series episodes from this acclaimed Television Drama!
on 8 June 2009
This is the season Dallas gets superb and is the first season to deserve 5 stars. This season is dominated by the death of Jock Ewing and the repercussions from this; although his character had to be written out due to the sad death of actor Jim Davis I think this provided Dallas with the dramatic pivotal event that took it in a new direction and set in train the great seasons 6 and 7 to come.
Jock's death also allows Barbara Bel Geddes to display her great acting ability as Miss Ellie struggles to come to terms with his death, shows a softer side to JR - he falls to pieces for a while until he realises his son John Ross is a reason to carry on - and allows Bobby to show his strength as he keeps the family going at a crucial time. Above all with Jock out of the picture JR becomes the "daddy" of dallas which is as it should be!
A good season also for Sue Ellen and especially her love/hate relationship with JR; she tries to strike out on her own and is courted by both Clayton Farlow ( the excellent Howard Keel ) and Cliff Barnes but ultimately she realises that while she can't live with JR, she can't live without him either. It's great the way JR schemes his way back into her affections and even as we the audience shout at the tv screen for her not to be so stupid as to go back to him are secretly glad she does - and all the wonderful fireworks this leads onto over the next few years!
Pam is as beautiful as ever but has a fairly low-key season, the first few episodes she is depressed and spends time at a clinic before turning into the doting mother over adopted baby Christopher ( JR/Kristen's love child ).
Of the lesser characters, Lucy and Ray have their usual tedious storylines but I'm sure they have their fans too.
So I would certainly recommend buying this - beginning with this season and for the next few years up until the notorious dream season it just gets better and better.
on 17 February 2013
I am just about to return my second copy of series 5 of Dallas.. These DVDs are awful - either they won't play at all or half way through the episode they stop and refuse to re-start. They jerk and stutter. People complain about the quality of picture and sound- they are lucky to be able to judge either - I would just like to view one episode without encountering a problem. I have two DVD players and the problems occur with each one so I don't think the equipment is at fault. Very disappointing.
on 14 March 2013
Ordered for my elderly friend because she hasn't got a pc, had to re-order after the first one did not play on third side of discs, only to get the same problem with the second box set have sent both sets backand still only been refunded for ONE.
So I won't be ordering any more DVD's (even though I'm a PRIME member). Had to go to PLAY .COM in the end!!!
on 5 March 2013
i chose this rating because the cd was filthy dirty and could not be played. I waited a long time for the cd to arrive I returned it to rarewaves.on13th feb and am just told it was faulty and that I will be reimbursed. I have also got dallas 6 and dallas7 I havnt looked at these yet as I needed to see dallas5 first. I just hope they are alright .I have just ordered dallas5 from you.
on 26 March 2013
Ordered this set and and all DVD's are covered in a sticky residue and have marks over them. They sent a replacement set and it;s exactly the same. They are still selling them when they obviously have a batch problem. Series 6 the same.
on 8 October 2006
This season sees a few battles for J.R - divorce, losing custody of John Ross and leadership of Ewing oil. As always the sly texan get's his own way, and manages to bring down once again Cliff Barnes.The backstabbing goes from bad to worse with so many affairs, fights and bitching, this is dallas at it's best.There's death, battles and even kidnap in this season which means there's never a dull moment.

This has to be the most disfunctional family in history!!!!! Brilliant
on 26 August 2009
As the 4 season's before this title season 5 continues to provide entertainment throughout. Sometimes the quality drops a little to reveal the era in which it was filmed but this does not detract from the DVD at all.
I buy these for my wife whom I was courting at the time it went out live, and I was not allowed to call her during the transmission! Fare to say though, in my case my instructions are to stop ordering at the 'shower dream' season.