Customer reviews

Great film foe the kids
on 15 May 2017
great
on 4 May 2009
An oldie but a goody!I watched this movie when it was first released in 1992 with my youngest son. He was 13 at the time and is now 30...my how time flies! Anyway, it was a film which really touched us both. I feel it expresses in a very moving way the journey from childhood joy and innocence... to the adult world of painful dysfunction inflicted on two young boys by an alcoholic stepfather.
The way the boys use their wonderful imaginations, and their strong bond of love to survive and support one another is both emotional and touching.
A real life fantasy which, although we know the boys dream to be impossible, is somehow made believable when seen through the eyes of those that believe.
When I purchased this film recently I had forgotten quite how much impact it had on me all those years ago, and when I watched it with my partner a few weeks ago I realized that it affects and impacts all age groups. He will be 77 this month and we shed tears together...just like my 13 year old and I did in 1992.
on 11 June 2003
i saw this film a while ago... and recognised Elijah Wood in it.. hes a great actor now, and he was even good in this film which he made when he was probably about 7 or something.. i think this is a really good film if you like the 'weepies' because it has you quite 'teary', overall its a really great film and you should watch it!!!!!
on 11 February 2011
abuse is abuse how ever you wrap it up,here its handled well,the story of stepdad taking a dislike to one of his stepsons,and the boy looking for a way out and finding it in the flyer is touching ,this is good little movie
on 8 October 2016
Loved this film as a kid n I lost my tape years ago n had been looking for the film ever sins so was buzzing when I found it here :-) still as good as I remember
on 13 October 2011
Great film, great price.
Arrived in great time, packaged well. Very happy with it !!!
Would recoment this film, its a lovely hart wrming film.
on 24 November 2012
how people and in this film children, overcome physical and emotional pressure from adults, and the love shown by the brothers to each other
on 1 March 2013
Thank you.....very happy with my purchase. Received in great condition. Have since watched it and one of my favourite films.
on 15 January 2015
I bought this as a gift. We had seen the film years ago and watching it again was great. An excellent film - very moving.