Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 April 2017
GREAT REMASTERING OF 1962 LONDON CAST IN STEREO..DORA WAS AND IS MUCH LOVED IN HER HOME TOWN OF BRIGHTON KEMPTOWN.
THE CURRENT GENERATION HAVE NO CONCEPT WHAT A BIG STAR SHE WAS IN WEST END SHOWS...OF THE PERIOD.
HER PERFORMANCE IN FILM A TASTE OF HONEY AND PLAY AS MEG IN PINTERS BIRTHDAY PARTY ARE HIGHLIGHTS.OF HER WONDERFUL CAREER
I ENJOYED THIS CD AND IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
RIP DORA X
Just released on Sepia is the original London cast album of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes who many will recall in its 1953 film version starring Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell. The vehicle was originally built to showcase Carol Channing and here we have our own Dora Bryan coming up trumps with a talented supporting cast and great orchestrations by Alyn Ainsworth all captured in lovely sound quality on this new CD that also features 2 bonus tracks with the Geoff Love orchestra. Sepia are to be congratulated in bringing this much sought after album to the CD racks...
on 6 January 2017
Several decades ago when I was at school, I mentioned Gentlemen Prefer Blondes to a fellow student, a would be classical music buff, and he replied, "that's a matter of opinion", which rather threw me! Scroll forward to the beginning of 2017, and my wife dropped a hint that she liked it. So being a generous soul, I bought this for a real bargain price: and we're both very pleased. Speaking for myself, I hadn't realised what good and varied tunes/songs it features, and this album does the music full justice.
on 18 October 2016
The original cast recording of the show which became a film vehicle for Marilyn Monroe.Carol Channing is excellent.