Customer reviews

on 18 August 2017
Good quality
on 3 August 2014
Very happy with this. Clear marking on side and thermometer sits ups straight. We have it about a month and have made 4 batches of jam with it. While we have made lots of jam here using existing pots, having the proper equipment has made it a lot easier and we seem to have less wastage. It cleaned up nicely after DH's attempt to burn the bottom. It has a reassuring weight to it and handles nicely. I compared it with one on sale locally which seemed flimsier.
on 15 April 2011
Nice prompt delivery of item and Very satisfied with the product - no sticking of ingredients during the whole chutney making process, will be using it again and again. It came up very nice and clean and believe it will continue to do so. I would recommend this product
on 28 December 2008
Marvelous product. I use mine over and over. Also ideal for sweet making as it won't boil over.
on 9 June 2011
I bought this stainless steel maslin pan for jam and sweet making purposes. I bought a stainless steel model specifically avoiding aluminimum due to potential health risks by heating aluminium to high temperatures.

The pan looks brilliant and works great. It has nice lines is a good size and has a nice measuring line on the inside which comes in handy.

The only quibble I have is that upon reading the instructions (well yeah its a pan but it comes with instructions of how not to tarnish etc etc and all the safety bumph)..... it says that the sandwich base (of the pan) encases aluminium?! A fact of which had I been aware I probably wouldnt have bought it. Im asuming that it is ok however and my only worry is about the possible health effects of heating the aluminium but as the aluminium doesnt come into contact with the product being heated I am assuming that it will be ok?? - I have just put this in my review in case anyone else is looking for a pan of stainless steel who was not wanting aluminium to be included as well.

Otherwise the pan is great.
33 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 October 2009
This was a birthday present as I love making chutney and jam. It is a great size, really easy to clean afterwards and looks great. A fantastic gift and a lot cheaper than I've seen anywhere else.
on 30 September 2013
Excellent quality materials and safe construction - strong rivets not pathetic spot welds. Should last a lifetime.
Not much of a spout, but at this weight better to use a ladle anyway.
Recommend to anyone.
on 31 December 2012
Burnt my very first attempt at jam making, and was able to clean this pan so it looked brand new. Easy to use, handle when hot and clean I am very satisfied with this purchase.
on 29 August 2014
I bought this as a gift after reading many reviews. It appears to be a substantial, pan, a good size, a study handle and a pouring lip. She is very happy with it, looking forward to the jam!
on 4 October 2011
A really excellent maslin preserving pan. Good heavy well made item at a really attractive price found after a lot of shopping around. Will last two life times!