Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 July 2006
Some people are never happy, and that's what you get if you don't give an album enough time to grow on you. This is a great record, so take Mr Evenson's review with a pinch of salt. I only bought the album today and have listened to it twice, and it's one of the strongest releases I've heard this year so far. It's by no means samey, and will appeal to fans of everything from Bjork to Mazzy Star to Mary Margaret O'Hara, to even My Bloody Valentine in the quieter moments. If you like Lambchop's take on Americana you'll like this (especially as Kurt Wagner is a guest vocalist on the album). If it doesn't grab you immediately give it time, you'll grow to love it.
on 21 July 2006
I love this album and can't get the beautiful tunes out of my head. Definitely one of the albums of the year!
on 19 July 2006
I love this album...especially the title track. Cortney's haunting voice stays with you all day. I'd recommend it to anyone. Nashville produces another star.
on 15 March 2010
Excellent album almost every track a hit, this album should have been nominated for something in the music industry awards field.
She has a similar sound to Emiliana Torrini i.e dreamy chill-out.
on 11 February 2014
Some clear nods to influences here (Portishead etc etc) but very enjoyable nonetheless. More people should hear Cortney!
The V.
on 11 July 2006
I bought this on the back of a rave review by the Sunday Times music critics - always a bit of a chance. I was hoping for a strong debut album packed with melodic and powerful songs, or at least a few good tunes and some decent lyrics that stick in the mind. Sadly, I cannot recommend this album to anyone. Slow, maudlin and lacking any real spark. Not one song that I can remember 2 minutes after the last track finished. Great if you suffer from insomnia! If Cortney wants to sell any copies of her second album, I reckon she's going to have to do alot better than this.