on 19 January 2015
Bought this duvet to replace my old 10 tog Snuggledown polyester hollowfibre duvet. I am still pleased with Snuggledown's quality and warmth; the weight has improved from 650g/square metre to 575g/square metre making it so light I can hardly feel it yet it is so warm. On arrival, it was very 'puffed up' and at first my duvet cover felt a little too large and so ruffled up. However, after a couple of night's sleep, the duvet settled and now fits the cover perfectly and the cover smoothed out. The only point I will make is that AMAZON NEEDS TO AMEND THE DESCRIPTION, as the cover is not 50/50 polyester/cotton but better quality at 100% (non-noisy as you move) crisp cotton.

Update: Please CHECK SEAMS and FILLING as ordered another which arrived with a 2 inch seam stitching fault which meant the filling could escape and another with less filling than other two and had no filling an inch from the edge. Both returned to Amazon free of charge for replacement.
2 people found this helpful
on 19 March 2015
From the same overall group ( John Cotton Group) as Slumberdown, Snuggledown of Norway is the more luxurious brand with quality of casing and lighter fill options and styles. This is a lightweight with cotton cover that is ideal for people who want warmth but not weight. Lasted nicely this winter, and tried a 13.5 - too hot and weighty... I/we have electric blanket and also a lovely throw, and the mix and match cover ed all eventualities in Winter 2014/15. like very much. Quality good, can be washed etc - which we did - just its the size of duvet in the machine issue.
on 8 May 2015
I've had this duvet for a couple of years now, and absolutely love it: warm enough on its own for our (reasonable) winter, even with no heat in the bedroom, and light enough for summer, but best of all, it feels light as a cloud, which has improved my sleep experience so very much. If you like the feeling of weight on top of you in order to snuggle in for a good night's sleep, steer away, but if you are like me, and typically feel constricted, overheated, tangled up and oppressed by blankets, sheets, quilts and heavy duvets, definitely give this one a try.
on 31 January 2016
This duvet has been a real disappointment, after only 6 months all of the stitching on it has gone and the filling now lumps in piles and not evenly inside, makes my bed look like a mountain range, this started within a few weeks and I thought it was just the filling settling, and it's too late to send it back now.
on 28 April 2015
Bought for my daughter as a gift, it arrived in good time well packaged. Wasn't sure from description and reviews if it was twin layer duvet that could be separated if necessary, but daughter very pleased with it and says it is very cosy and warm
on 6 August 2010
The Thermofill duvet is so light yet so warm & it drapes over the body with no weight. It has 2 duvets a summer & winter one or you can attach both together if it is really cold.A great buy & worth every penny.
I bought a double size of this duvet 2 years ago from a retailer & paid £30 more for it, at the time I didn't think that Amazon would sell them. Now I know to try them first for everything.
6 people found this helpful
on 28 September 2010
This is brilliant! In summer months I get very hot so need a cooler item, this keeps you warm and cool at the same time with a very light weight. I've changed to Thermofill for the whole family and everyone agrees that it is far superior to normal duvets. I also have an 11tog version for winter and that is VERY warm but still manages to breath so don't get sweaty. These are actually manufactured by Snuggledown in Norway, they are more expensive than your average Ikea item but they are worth spending the money on!
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 14 December 2012
This is sucha great duvet. it is warm and yet it barely weighs anything. I have one on my sons bed and I also bought a double one for my daughter as she found her other duvet too heavy on her.

Would be good for an older person as it is much easier to change the cover as you havent got to struggle with a heavy duvet.
2 people found this helpful
on 17 November 2009
This item lives up to its name, being both very light and exceedingly warm. Its TOG value of 12 ensures a comfortable nights sleep even on the coldest of conditions, and does not suffer from the heaviness usually associated with duvets of similar insulation values.

My wife and I would highly recommend this product, and will be replacing our existing duvets with further purchases of the Thermofil Lite Duvet.
3 people found this helpful
on 11 June 2014
bought this for my parents who say it is their bit of luxury, they are so please with it, it is not too warm, not too clod, just right and also it keeps its shape and doesn't bunch up, they are so please with it. No complaints, good value for money, and also good delivery.