on 26 August 2017
I've wanted this box set a long time. I couldn't believe it when I saw this one so reasonably priced. I contacted the seller to check it was all ok and he responded almost immediately. He's a real gent. Pleasure to do business with. The DVD's are in excellent condition. Wonderful old classics films. Really enjoyable. I've never laughed so much in ages. Dating back to when Talking pictures were still a novelty. I can only describe the whole package as TOP BANANA. You can't get better than that. 😉
on 8 April 2014
If you like the Marx Brothers then you are going to enjoy the great films in this collection. The sound and filming in the early ones (especially the Cocoanuts and Animal Crackers) are basic and betray how early in the development of cinema technology they were made. Duck Soup remains anarchic and brilliant and what we have left of Horse Feathers (there are missing scenes) is also funny. However, you can file away the later films as rather slow and below the best - I have read that they were only made by the Brothers to clear Chico's gambling debts. If so, they show the lack of care that their earlier films had.
on 11 July 2014
What can you say about the Marx Brother ,When you consider the date when these films were made and you can still watch and roll about laughing like a lunatic.If you are feeling down,take time out and watch this box set and see the true Kings of Comedy.Without a doubt the best delivery of one liners ever
on 9 June 2018
thanks
on 13 March 2017
I Love the Marx Brothers and this box set is a perfect collection of their films.
on 15 July 2016
perfect seller, phenomenal lightning dispatch, magic coms & great item.Slainte !
on 16 March 2015
What a good price for this collection of Marx Brothers films. Trying not to view the films all at once but its hard. The sound and picture quality at times is a little flat but what do you expect. The one liners are to die for still.
on 11 May 2014
excellent value for the money,fast delivery,great watching the marx brothers again,highly recommended item.another great box set for my collection.thank you.
on 5 February 2014
Good inexpensive box set , well presented. Missed a couple of films I wanted out of the collection hence only 4 stars, but the films themselves are wonderful - terrible plots, ridiculous scenarios, genuinely anarchic comedy and of course the famous one liners and riposts. Some of the choreography is unaccountably astounding. If you like the Marx Brothers this is a good buy.
on 13 June 2015
Got this as a present for my dad, he loves it. I can hear him laughing in the room next door.