on 30 August 2006
Way back in 1979 my parents bought me an Evel Knievel stunt set for my 5th birthday. It became one of my most favoured and played with toys for the rest of my childhood. Time goes on, and things get sold in car boot sales, but the fond memories of it remained. Now here, in 2006 on my 32nd birthday, my parents gave me this re-issue set!! :). It is every bit as good as I remember it, and is 100% identicle to the originals (they have been made using 'Ideal Toys' original molds and materials). Not only is this a great toy for the collector of 'classic' or 'retro' kitsch- it is great for the new generation. My little neices love it (even though I had to explain who Kneivel was, and why he was famous). If you remember this toy fondly, or if your kids like 'proper' toys, then this is an unmissable Item on your upcoming Christmas shoping list. It is also very reasonably priced.
on 5 December 2015
at £690 you can keep it
on 16 November 2008
30 years ago me and my brother got the stunt cycle and speed cycle for Xmas. They were great. Over the last 15 years we've talked about how much fun we had back then with them. Last year my wife bought me a new one. Wow, it was brilliant, until I got carried away a few weeks ago showing off to the kids trying to do a world record jump. Unfortunatly something inside the bike broke. That hasnt put me off at all, I want another one for this Xmas. I'm also going to raid my parents loft for the originals!
These new sets look and feel just like the originals, but for fun factor theres nothing on the market today to compete.
VINE VOICEon 11 October 2006
Bought this for my brother after his original version was broken on the very same Christmas day he received it by another inebriated family member. It really is an exact copy of the original with the Evel Doll just as poorly made as we remembered it; he has a squeezy head, lipstick, kiss-curl, dirty looking helmet (oh er) and is too small to sit down on the bike. Cool. The bike is powered-up by the classic Turbomatic Energizer (*cough* wind up thing) that makes an incredibly loud noise, giving you the impression that Evel and his bike are going to rocket off into the distance, sadly if used on carpet he will go no-where and instead just full on his side rather pathetically. Just like the original in other words and very funny too. I don't remember it coming with all the ramps and stuff in the seventies (i'm sure we used books and things) but these were gratefully received. The best thing about the package is the small book listing all the Evel Kneivel toys that were available back in the day, complete with photos. I was surprised how many I remembered. Anyway, this is perfect for kids over 30 but otherwise I'd avoid as it is just a cheesy toy that is bettered by most modern stuff.
on 27 December 2007
Just got my EK stunt set for X-mas. I am a 30 year old child and had an original of these back in the 70's. It was and still remains my favourite toy. You can use it outside. Infact if I remember they are better on concrete. I definitly didnt have the supplied ramps when I was a smaller child but used cardboard, books etc. I like the ramps and extra stuff with the latest version but there was a degree of ingenuity needed and a chance to explore triganometry and other engineering principals in building your own ramps (size is important!!!); not to mention the re-cycle aspect of using many cardboard boxes by the end of new year. Any way...its still brilliant, very noisy yes, but I think it adds to the rush especially when you achieve the perfect jump or he pulls a phat wheely and then skids to a halt; believe me...it may as well be you on that bike. you can see homemade films of the toy on youtube. some are very funny and well done.So there is my review..I am off now with Evil to perform more Cunning Stunts.
on 5 January 2010
My Husband and my brother had one of these stunt set in the 70's which after watching an Evil Knevil documentary on TV prompted me to look for one. For one we did not expect all the bits that come with it, and which I have fell over several times, so when I saw my dog chewing one the other day, left her to it! We also do not remember that it made such a loud noise - deafening! We live in a large ceramic tiled house, which makes it go better but it struggled a bit on the hotel's carpet. My husband is enjoying it, but my 8 year old prefers his nintendo - how times change?!
on 19 February 2009
I got this for my husband (33yrs old) for passing an exam at work.
He opened it, played with it for a bit, it made a really loud noise, but it is now in its box in the loft all safe and sound. he loves it but wont play with it (i should hope not) but has it as a collectors peice.

good buy - made his day!
on 7 January 2010
MY SON HAD ONE OF THESE BOUGHT FOR XMAS 25 YEARS AGO - SO THOUGHT I WOULD BUY HIM ANOTHER ONE FOR HIS 30TH BIRTHDAY. THIS ONE IS OK BUT NOT AS SOLID AND DURABLE AS THE OLD VERSION. NEVERTHELESS MY SON LOVES IT.
on 1 August 2009
My 6 year old boy loves this toy, keeps him entertained for hours at a time. He has started adding some of his other toys to it too - just to make it more exciting I'm told.
on 5 December 2015