Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 12 September 2013
I love the lock and lock storage boxes and this is no exception. I bought it to keep my home-made bread in and it does a good job of keeping it fresh. I do wrap the bread in a cotton cloth before putting it in the box and this does seem to help prevent mould formation.

Quick delivery from this seller, and I would be happy to buy from them again.
I have a couple of these and they are simply too large to store most everyday commercial sizes of household products alone but they can contain a variety! I use one to store biscuits for which they are perfectly sized even for the longest packets. There are very few that will not fit.

The 'Stay Fresh Tray' is a slotted plastic tray with rather small feet scattered throughout that lifts the tray a few millimetres from the bottom of the box. It will allow crumbs to pass through the slots onto the bottom from which they can be periodically removed with a dampened kitchen towel.

Also suited for salad vegetables as the label suggests, any moisture gathering within will drip down through the slots to keep the contents fresh. Too tall in this size for my fridge there is a slightly smaller version with, I think, about 6.9 litres capacity that is exactly the same dimensions in depth and width, but a little shorter and that fits on my fridge shelves. It works extremely well at the task and I believe that there is at least one other size of container with a similar Stay Fresh tray.

Very useful, highly adaptable, and very effective storage, almost all products are both freezer and microwave safe and air- and water-tight.

Highly recommended.
on 16 October 2013
bought this to use as a bread bin and it really works well
we now have fresh bread for at least three days
on 23 September 2013
Keep all eight packs of strong bread flour in this box. Save from the mice we have occasionally in our basement. they come whit their own razors to cut through plastic. but this box is stronger. Curtesy of our 4 cats.
Will buy more and bigger if possible
on 25 April 2013
This is the cheapest I would go and the quality is durable. A substatial product. I keep my bread in it.
on 8 March 2016
Very happy with this. My husband kept putting our bread in the fridge to stop it going mouldy YUK. This keeps it fresh to the last slice and it holds a small pack of crackers, a standard sliced loaf which if laid on it's side allows a pack of burger buns or finger rolls to lay on top of the loaf and the lid still goes on properly. I highly recommend this product.
on 15 May 2013
I camp a lot in my van and have no fridge. These boxes are brilliant as I can throw bits out in the rain under the van and I know they will stay nice and dry. Even in the van it can get damp so anything I want to stay fresh like biscuits these boxes work a treat. Going to buy some more!
on 18 March 2016
I had been looking at getting myself a bread bin to keep my freshly baked bread nice and fresh but was put off by both poor design and rather high prices. I decided to give this a go based on my previous satisfaction with the manufacturers smaller containers that I have used. The result? Perfect. The container is just the right size for any large loaf, home made or shop bought (My 4lb loaf tin fits inside this container with room to spare).This type of container is well known for it's 'airtight' properties and also comes with a handy and practical tray that sits in the bottom of the container, allowing any crumbs to fall through. It may not have been designed as a bread bin but it is certainly perfect to use as one.
on 18 October 2014
Great container it fits in the bread perfect without squishing it.
on 20 March 2016
Bought to keep my Panasonic bread in as I didn't want a conventional bread bin but already have several lock n locks and thought it might work. I wasn't sure whether it would be a good idea, so many conflicting reports, but knew I would find a use for the box anyway. The bread stays lovely and fresh although there's never any left after 3 days. so I can't say how long it would keep fresh for. The only downside is that the crust, which is crisp when it comes out of the machine, goes very soft in the box, so no crunchy crusts. However, my husband doesn't like hard crusts so that works for us. When freshly baked and cooled down, the loaf from the Panasonic breadmaker fits in easily on its side to begin with, and then end down once a couple of slices have been cut off. But it easily takes a complete loaf which is what I was concerned about. Well worth a try, much cheaper than conventional bread bins and multi purpose if it doesn't suit your bread requirements.