on 12 March 2007
We bought two of these Dareways for our daughters aged 8 and 9, both of whom have had quad bikes and jeeps but had grown out of them. We thought they'd be fun but in reality, they are actually unsafe, completely unstable and after one or two attempts at using them on a fairly flat surface, both daughters ended up in a hegde! Thankfully the hedge saved them from serious injury as the momentum keeps you going when you stop and then you can't help but overbalance as your feet are within the Dareway itself.
Needless to say, we sent them back and got a full refund.
Also reported them to Trading Standards as their safety is definitely questionable.
on 29 May 2008
Purchased for Son's 7th Birthday - Biggest regret yet! He ended up in hospital due to the dodgy steering & faulty brakes. When I contacted the seller I was told that this is the way these toys are made!! My son is far from a young 7 either & has experience on Motorbikes & Karts yet this machine is more of a death Trap. Cost us a fortune in Doctors & Hospital bills - Not Safe! Do Not Buy!
on 27 October 2012
I had a Famoplay Dareway last Christmas and is about the only model in the brand that will suit adults as well as children. I'm 22 (going on 23) and this is such a cool toy! Your children may need to be at least 6 or 7, would be my recommendation! The Dareway is an awesome electric scooter that has it all - forward, reverse and SPIN! Way to go, Famosa!
on 5 July 2008
I bought 2 of these for my daughters for Xmas. Had to take the original 2 back to the shop as they would not work. This was particulary annoying as had spent an hour building each one. Got the replacement 2, built them again and charged them for Xmas day - excellent fun. Next time the girls went to use them, they would not work. After some fiddling with connections, managed to get them going. Time after nothing - 1 will not work at all, the other will work intermittently. Absolute waste of money, and are definately not worth the cost. Admittedly the girls had fun when they worked, but have spent most of their time dissapointed and let down by Santa, who they asked for the Dareways. Save your money!
on 1 September 2016
We purchased the Dareway 2 weeks ago for my daughters 7th Birthday. The Dareway is very unstable and topples over. We have only tried using on a flat surface it's movement is very jerky and shaky, and after only a few minutes I heard my daughter screaming as it had toppled forward and she was face down on top of it! We are taking it back today for a full refund!
on 15 January 2008
My son (8) bought himself a dareway from Toys R Us, Derby by saving up his birthday and christmas money. He was always riding on it and had immense fun. Even our neighbours children aged 3 & 6 had good fun driving it! I have read previous reviews regarding it being unstable and cannot say we have had a problem with this. My son's Dareway is a gold and black one, so whether this is a revised better model? The only problem we had with it was the steering. We rang the manufacturers technical people as instructed, who promptly sent replacement handlebars, this did not rectify the problem and we are currently in the process of waiting our local store to find some new stock for a replacement. Definately do not want a refund and keen to keep with the Dareway!
on 19 January 2007
I bought this for my 5year old son for Christmas, great fun spinning around, but the automatic brake throws the occupant off at an angle. I thought the trick was not to lean forward but when you come off the accelerator you get lunged forward, I thought this to be a fluke, so I tried it and spent Christmas day strapped up with damage to my shoulder, elbow and knee. It does state fromn 5 years plus but I wouldnt give it to a child, I have reported this to Trading Standards and they are as I speak investigating this further.

Could be great for older kids, but not for young, I dont think I have had a dodgey item, I think its the way they are built, very unstable.
11 Comment| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 August 2009
I just had to write a review after reading the previous reviews - which shows this toy in a bad light!!! We got this for my daughter last xmas when she was 4 (she was 5 the feb after) - she is quite petite for age but has had no problem with this toy at all. She is not thrown off on stopping and is not jurked around when moving. She has had many a good time with this toy and uses it on a weekly basis and it is still going strong nearly 8 months later - i say it is good value for money. Def recommend.
on 10 January 2008
We bougt the Dareway for our Granddaughter as she had seen it in Toys are Us,but not working.Putting together was fairly easy..when my grand daughter(who is 8)got on it it was very jerky..there was a buzzing from it on low speed.And as the other reviews say it was very jerky and somewhat unstable which frightened her at first.
As long as she kept the machine going slowly it moved safely...but after two days it ceased to do anything and seems to have died.I have returned it and feel disappointed as her Christmas present was spoiled.
I would not recomend one of these to anyone.
on 20 November 2014
sorry but cant comment on the rider has its xmas pressie but was very pleased with delivery time