on 25 March 2013
These are great if you haven't used a real brush pen, like the Pentel one. The tip is felt, and loses its sharp point very fast, after two heavy drawings or three or four light ones. After that, it's just a regular marker pen, and you can't get fine lines with it or variate the width of the stroke with pressure. I used to like these a lot before I heard of the proper fountain brush pens. I only use these ones for filling in areas now.
on 12 October 2012
These Pens are simply the best.. the fact that they are indian ink means that they don't soak thru your paper like a lot of other pens do, the brush end tho takes a little getting used to, but the scope of lines you can create are vast..
on 12 March 2014
I've been doing Zentangle for a while now and have felt the need for greys to use as a third 'colour' (after black and white). Pencil didn't look right somehow. Various shades of grey, rather than just one, seemed ideal. I searched online for packs, but they were all far too expensive. The Faber-Castell Pitt brush pens were the perfect solution.

As soon as they arrived, I made a little colour chart divided into warms and colds, giving the name of each pen, eg cold VI, IV, III (same for warms) and put swatches beneath the names. This helps me to find the correct shade of grey I need at any particular time. I keep this in the plastic pouch the pens come in.

If I want to go over the picture with a watercolour wash, once the ink is dry, it's waterproof as it's indian ink.

Excellent buy.
on 7 August 2016
I've had these pens for about a year now, and they are still working fine. The reason for the low rating is that they do not lay down a smooth and clean wash of colour, and so are very streaky. Because of this, I don't use them often, which is most likely why they still work as well as they do, since they are still almost new. If all you want is a line, then these pens will be great, but if you are using them for shading, which is what I wanted them for, they are not very good, in my opinion
on 14 April 2015
These pens are good, with great tips. However, I feel that they are dark and the light grey ones are darker than I expected. There is barely any noticeable difference between the two darkest tones and the light grey ones are definitely darker than the colour displayed on its cap. Nice set overall though and it has a colder blueish grey and a warmer brownish grey which are great.
on 30 May 2014
Used in conjunction with ink pens for as i said background work, i Like the 'soft' greys this can bring in to the strong black inks i use and gives a nice sense of distance in the pictures and designs for the furniture that i make.
Not used them a great deal as yet so the points on mine have not yet suffered what other reviews have mentioned, will up-date if/when this happens.
But for this price i can live with it if it happens after all, we all have to 'suffer' for our Art ;)
on 11 April 2013
Very nice set of grey brush pens. The brush tip is particularly nice to work with and nice and small for fine details. I probably prefer my grey Tria markers which have a larger brush tip and are very useful for quick tonal sketches. But I wanted some markers that didn't bleed through the paper and these FC Pitt pens fit the bill perfectly. My only complaint is the the tip doesn't keep it's point for very long. I used three of the pens for just one drawing and all three have lost their sharp point, for this reason this product does not receive 5 stars.
on 2 April 2015
They're good. Decent, solid, good quality; everything that can expected from Faber-Castell.
You can do nothing wrong by buying them.
Only, I'm not sure, if I would go for the same "colour variety" next time, as I'm not using the greys as much as I had hoped.
That's the only reason I didn't give 5 stars.
If you need the greys for your projects - go ahead and buy them!
on 11 December 2012
Excellent product - it'll be a rare ocassion if you're sketching blk/white and you don't find the right tone with this pack of grey and black pens. Beautiful flow and distinct shade difference. From near white grey to black.
on 29 April 2013
High quality Indian ink with several subtle shades of grey. The brush pen itself works perfectly, allowing me to really control the lines. Highly recommended.