on 5 March 2014
While I have been using more expensive headsets for some time now, I bought a couple of pairs of these from computer fairs many years ago.

The sound quality on the headset is great for the money, enough..but not too much bass. Everything is very clear though.
It's fine for everyday use, whether music or games, and to do any better you'll need to spend at least twice as much money.

The microphone isn't brilliant, but it's certainly good enough for Skype, gaming etc. It doesn't pick up the low frequencies too well, but again you have to spend more money to do any better.

They are built fairly well, and the only reason my ones broke was due to my own misuse of them. Take care of them, and they'll last years.
on 25 August 2013
I am using this headset since 2004 when I first discovered it. Not the same one, obviously, as the ear cushions where disintegrating from everyday use and wires torn, so went through three, I think. But the best thing about it that almost everybody I talk on Skype inevitably starts asking what kind of sound peripherals are on my computer, so great is the sound. And for the last eight years the answer is inevitably "Turtle Beach Santa Cruz + Dynamode DH-660".
on 14 June 2016
Very poor quality mic, had to push gain in windows mic setting to max just to get windows to register my voice. (not what I was lead to believe from other reviews) also uncomfortable to wear for any time as they have very small ear pieces that just does not feel good on my small ear lobes. Probably more for a child's ears I would think. However I guess you get what you pay for and these are very low cost and they do at least seem to work for on-line gaming OK , which was one of the things I bought them for. I was hoping to use them for voice commands but given the poor quality of the mic I have not yet tried that.
on 10 January 2016
Fantastic value for the price. Sound quality obviously less than more expensive sets, but great if you don't need high quality sound or recordings. With a little care, I find I only have to replace every year to 18 mths.
on 13 July 2016
Headphones arrived on time but when I began using them I couldn't hear anything. It seems I have to move the lead around and turn the little plugs to get sound out of both ear pieces. I see now why these headphones are so cheap and if you want a good quality set that you can hear and be heard out of I'd get something else. I'm probably going to have to buy another headset in very near future so they're a waste of money.
on 19 June 2014
they aren't what was in the picture the ones in the picture are the headphones i had before and they were great..... and these are well.... they are okay ish ... they work and they don't sound to bad... but they are filmy and aren't all that comfortable but they aren't for anything other then talking so its fine i guess
on 6 December 2011
Good value for money! The only downside is that headset is not very comfortable especially when you've been wearing it for a while. They are great for watching movies but the mic bit is not that good, so if you are buying these for skpe calls, look elsewhere...
on 10 April 2016
Had this item before. Bought again as wear and tear forced a new one. Can't fault it. Love this item. Fits comfortably and I have a large head. Can wear for hours. Encompasses the whole ear so blocks background noise. Best mic I've had.
on 9 April 2014
Microphone can distort voice somewhat, or so friends tell me. Don`t get feed back through ear pieces like some of the more expensive gaming sets. but o.k for back up set.
on 7 July 2014
brilliant, brought for my partner who streams games on-line and he has said the sound quality is brilliant and they block out background noise well

See one answered question