Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.49

on 11 February 2004
I absolutely loved this book and have read it so many times that I have lost count. I was surprised to see other reviewers didn't give it a 5 out of 5. I find it extremely difficult to part with this book.
Synnovea first comes into close contact with Colonel Tyrone Rycroft in a public bath after he rescued her from capture by an outlaw. From there on circumstances lead a marriage between the two which starts off on rocky ground. Previous events make trust between them difficult even though attraction and deeper feelings are there.
Heated arguments, abductions and rescues, tumbles in the bedroom and baths will make you laugh, feel frustrated at the misunderstandings and pull at your heartstrings. This is a MUST read!
on 22 June 1999
I am only on half way though but I am contemplating whether or not to finish the book. I really have no interest in finishing the book. I think the girl is a little stupid. The beginning introduce the girl as someone compassionate and maybe strong. She was taught to be free and think for herself. But so far I am disgusted about the way she has been while under the guardianship of the princess. I really hope she improves so I can finish the book without wasting my time.
on 4 April 1999
Maybe my memory is just fading with age, but I remember Kathleen Woodiwiss' books having much more passion and excitement than this one. Going back 20 or so years ago, Woodiwiss and Rosemary Rogers were my favorite historical romance writers. The hardback book was over 500 pages. I enjoyed about the first 350 pages but then I just couldn't wait to finish it. I bought it while on vacation as a used library edition for $1.75. Since it was no big investment, I left it in the hotel for the maid. I was disappointed in this book. I think I'll re-read by favorite Woodiwiss, Shanna.
on 9 January 1999
I haven,t read a historical romance novel in a very long time. I started reading them when i was in High School. I just thought they were younger women. But 20 years later let me try to read Kathleen Woodiwiss again and she still didn't disappointment me. Romance is not dead.
on 28 May 1999
I have been a fan of Kathleen Woodiwiss since about two years ago, and I must agree with this person form MD. This isn't one of her best. I was scimming pages and skipping over parts, even at the end it wasn't as good as the ones before this one. I'm really sorry to be negative about Woodiwiss but I'm a seventeen year old and even I know that this one is a FLOP!
on 6 February 1999
I definitely burned the midnight oil to finish this book. It was great. The plot was well developed without having too much details. The characters were so real, I wanted to slap Princess Anna, kill Prince Alexei, and laugh at Ali (which I did). It was definitely a change of pace with the story line Being in Russia. This book was well worth my money.
on 30 January 1998
Miss Woodiwiss writes in a way that makes you feel just like Synnovea, I could really feel her dilemma's. And the caracters are not at al superficial, the story isn't just about two people but also about the peolple they encounter and help. I just love this story, I must have read it a thousand times already!
on 11 November 1998
I am so absorbed into the story as soon as I read the first chapter. It is romantic & funny. The setting in Russia is unique too. All in all, Kathleen Woodiwiss is the best. I look forward to every one of her books. She is upmost talented!
on 24 June 2011
All the books written by Kathrine E Woodiwiss are a realy good read and I am very satisfied with them all
on 6 January 2016
Read these books when I was young. Just starting to collect them again.