on 6 August 1999
This is the first Woodiwiss book I read, and I could not put it down! The author is simply my favorite with her attention to details and wonderful and entertaining abilities of storytelling. There is never a boring moment and she keeps you on edge throughout the book. The characters come to life and are believable both in their personalities and history context. I have just finished another by Woodiwiss, The Elusive Flame which is the sequel and I enjoyed it as much as this book. I cannot wait for the new sequel release A Season Beyond a Kiss and I am sure I will be reading more of her books soon.
on 20 March 1999
The Flame and the Flower was the first K. Woodiwiss's book I read (last year in March). I liked it so much, that I did not want it to end. After finishing it, I read it many times. I fell in love with Brandon and Heather's story and I started to buy every Ms. Woodiwiss's romance, that was published in our country. And I think it is the best love story of all times. I am very glad, that it continues and I hope one day I could read another sequels too. Thak you Ms. Woodiwiss for being my life just for a moment so beautiful!
on 22 July 2014
First read this years ago, still as enjoyable in today's modern age!
on 24 May 1999
I agree totally with the reader from Portland Oregon. The book was very disturbing throughout the entire beginning and again at the end with rapes,abuse and murder. It isn't much of a romance unless you just read the middle, which was boring.
on 5 February 2016
Good value for money. Excellent delivery time
on 5 February 1999
BREATHTAKING! I read this book many years ago and it is as fresh in my mind now as it was then. You walk away feeling like you know the characters and don't want to leave them.("The Elusive Flame" reunites them with their many fans.) When I first read "The Flame.." it was a library book and I was so deeply moved that I didn't want to return it. I couldn't find a copy in the stores with the same cover, so I bought one with the plain cover and donated it to the library. I kept the original copy and have read it a few more times over the years. I loved the hero so much that I named my son Brandon after the book. Some readers have a problem with the book because Brandon forces himself on Heather, but if they took the time to read on, they would fall in love with him too. He is gentle and protective with her when she is pregnant. This is fiction after all. I don't want the authors walking around on eggshells worrying that they may offend a touchy reader. This book is so wonderful that it is a shame for someone to pick one scene and blow it out of proportion! It will put a smile in your heart and leave you with the feeling that it would be wonderful to be loved in the way that they eventually come to love each other. Fall in love with The Flame and the Flower!!!
on 12 July 1999
This was a great book. In the beginning, I thought Brandon was a stupid rough bull, but later figured out that he really isn't. He's just too proud to admit his feelings and has a bad way of controlling his jealousy. Woodiwiss proves that not all men with good marriages are Prince Charming and not all marriages started out happily. And trust me, this did not start out happily but I'm glad it ended that way
One thing really confused me. Why does Brandon have a beard in the book and not on the cover? I've seen two different covers for this book and not one of them show him with a beard. The reason for this is because I can not stand men who have facial hair ( no offense to those who do. I'm sure you're all very nice ). It's kind of confusing.
I really liked this book and would not give it up for any other book in the world. Disregard all negative remarks read this because it's something you can not afford to miss.
on 10 May 1997
I think the story of Heather & Brandon is one of the best Ihave ever read. It's one that I get out every few years and re-read. It has some funny and sad parts. There are times when you would like to strangle some of the characters like Heather's aunt and Brandon's ex-fiance, but then there are the characters you really can identify with like Heather & Brandon themselves. You can imagine how he must feel to think that he's been trapped even though he wanted her anyway and how insecure she must feel after having been mistreated by her aunt and then being blackmail. Anyway I think it is a very good book.
on 4 April 2015
Love this story
on 5 October 1998
When I first read the Flame and the Flower several years ago I fell in love with Brandon and Heather. I decided to pick up the 25th anniversary edition and read it again. The story was just as wonderful the second time around. The characters were equally wonderful and the story addicting. I couldn't put it down. The Flame and the Flower truly stands the test of time. I can't wait to read its sequel, the Elusive Flame.