Customer reviews

on 21 March 2000
In March 1998 I fell in love with "The flame and the flower". One year later I found out there were another Birminghams stories written by K. E. W. Since then I couldn't get to see "The elusive flame" or something about Jeff. Two weeks ago I finally bought "The elusive flame" and all I can say is: I can't get enough of the Birminghams. Although Cerynise and Beau are not as richly drawn as Heather and Brandon - I think they're too perfect and have no faults. I LOVED EVERY MOMENT OF READING IT ESPECIALLY WHEN BARNDON AND HEATHER WERE PRESENTED. I laughed when I read that Jeff was still calling Heather "Tory" and that Mrs. Clark is still alive. I'm sooo happy to have "The elusive flame" and the Birminghams! Ms. Woodiwiss, would you mind writing another story about this marvellous family? For example about Beau's sisters Suzanne and Brenna? I'd be so glad and grateful. Please continue and again let us feel the unforgettable atmosphere of the world you create. Thank you! PS: LOOKING FORWARD TO "A SEASON BEYOND A KISS"!
22 Comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 September 2010
I enjoyed the Flame and the Flower very much and was looking forward the the seqwall and was not dissapointed, enjoyed it very much and look forward to more kathreen woodwisse books to read.
on 18 June 2013
I have read and re-read almost all of Kathleen Woodiwiss books takes you back to an era where passion and romance is as wild as your imagination takes you .... hard to put down
on 10 August 2013
boring - no storyline and constantly going over the same theme again anda again and again and again.......

CANNOT recommend
on 26 August 2012
I have read some of the other Birmingham family books in paperback and enjoyed so thought to read more stories about the family. I was not disappointed I enjoy the relationships and the personalities involved.
on 11 April 2015
I've always enjoyed Kathleene Woodwiss books, this one was as good as all the others I have read, I like the way they take you to another time and another place.
on 29 June 2013
the second of the trilogy about the Birmingham family most enjoyable and again easy to order and carry around together
on 15 January 2010
Excellent story where you get to meet old friends and make new ones. Delivered well within deadline and well packaged.
on 15 September 2013
Nice to know what happens in the continuation of the family saga.
I am looking forward to the next one.
on 14 February 2014
Have read this book several times and still enjoy it, highly recommended and so easy to read on your kindle