Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 May 2017
Excellent pop/rock - most songs stand well as 'singles', and some detailed/considered production went into this album - 'Love it when you call' still is one of the best hits of the noughties....well done lads...
on 24 March 2013
Had this album years ago and lost it. Bought it again and realised it was a good as I thought it was back then.
on 16 January 2007
I don't usually write reviews but I just have to drop a few lines to say how great this album is. I got it from a friend and I was expecting it to be the usual "moany" sad indie record (which is OK for me, but gets a bit tiring at times), but when I first heard it I was shocked. Most songs are fast, upbeat and yes, a bit cheesy,but they really put a smile on your face and make you feel great. The few ballads are gorgeous and definitively not your average love song. Overall this cd doesn't sound like anything that's around at the moment, you will either love it or hate it but you'll never know until you listen to it. Give it a try.
When I first heard The Feeling's big hit single 'Love It When You Call', it annoyed me, but it grew on me quite quickly. I bought the album 'Twelve Stops and Home', and I still play it whenever I'm feeling down, because this is music virtually designed to lift your spirits up and make you feel good.

Three more mayor hits are here, the joyful 'Fill My Little World', the utterly gorgeous 'Swen', and the bouncy, Beatles-isque 'Never Be Lonely'. Other notable gems are the opening 'I Want You Know' and the romantic, much-more serious 'Rosé'. I'd describe this band's album as 'charming', 'cosy', 'uplifting' and quite often 'adorable'. It is one CD that I'll never give away.

'Twelve Stops and Home' is a great little debut from these indie-rockers from West Sussex. I'd be lying though if I was to deny that some of the stuff here doesn't border on cheesy, of course it does, but hey, at least it's good cheese, and it's infectious with it. If you like bands with a similar sound, i.e.: Scouting for Girls' and Orson, and if you don't already have this album, don't hesitate in buying it. Play it in the Summer (I have fond memories of just chilling with The Feeling with a group of mates drinking beer and smoking cigarettes over many Summers since it's release in 2006), and you'll thank me for it.
I bought Twelve Stops and Home some time ago and loved it from the first listen. I then lent it to a friend and have just managed to get it back - now I'm enjoying it all over again. Wins the prize for most melodic album of the year by a mile - my favourite track is Strange, a classic amongst many.
This group wear their 70s rock-pop influences on their sleeves. It's possible to pick out elements of Queen, Supertramp, Status Quo, Queen, 10CC and nearly every other group in the 1970s now described as `guilty pleasures' - and The Feeling have produced an immensely enjoyable album with the right mixture of fun and sincerity. There are one or two lyrical moments which don't quite work and this album has a curious mixture of excellent and downright terrible lyrics, but this is - one the whole - a very positive listen and an almost consistent pleasure to listen to. The only flies in the ointment are the rather contrived Rosé and the 70s pastiche too far Love It When You Call, which - although sounding a little bit too much like The Darkness - still manages to boast fantastic music.
VINE VOICEon 28 February 2007
Having heard (and liked) a couple of catchy singles I was fully prepared to be let down by yet another band flattering to deceive with mediocre material hiding behind the radio hits.
This was a wonderful revelation.
Yes, they wear their influences on their sleeves, but they use them to such good effect. Folks, if writing great pop songs was that easy, everyone would do it. (Even Thom Yorke.)
This is a sweet, charming, melodic, uplifting and frankly adorable collection. Check your prejudices and your cool at the gangplank, and enjoy the splendour of Captain Tune, Dan Gillespie Sells, and his jolly crew.
One warning. After hearing this I had the irresistable urge to buy best ofs by ELO and Supertramp. (Often available very reasonably on this very site..)
on 5 October 2006
This debut almbum makes you feel just great! The sound is different then lots of artists out there at the moment and in The Feeling we see great songs from a intelligent band who, while not wanting to set the world of fire, certainly care about there music.

There are some truly great songs- Never Be Lonely, Sewn, Strange, Helicopter- yet there isnt a bad track on the album!

Pure listenable gold- you'll be playing them over and over again.
on 24 June 2006
Its that time of year.. Barbecues, Beach Parties, Post-football match celebrations (inebriations, comisserations) And here we have an album for the occasion. Powerful, melodic. You'll be singing these songs for months. OK the first listen doesn't really catch hold of you. It all sounds rather nice and you recognise and sing along to the singles.

Second listen is like putting on an old but comfortable T shirt - it feels comfortable, like an old friend.

By the third listen you are beginning to notice things about this friend that you had missed before - could this be love.

Fourth and onwards - Yes Yes Yes!!! Can't get enough - In bed, in the living room, in the kitchen. This is Love and Lust. Some of my other albums tempt me still from time to time.. But at the moment all I want is The Feeling.

Buy it. Love it.

This is summer 2006 - I can already taste the memories
on 24 June 2006
Having been completely captivated by 'Sewn', their first single and then delighted by the follow up 'Fill My Little World' I was itching to get my hands on their album '12 Stops and Home'. All I can say is that it is everything I had hoped it would be.

I have played it continuously since I bought it and every track has something to recommend it. There are a good mix of upbeat sing-along tracks and slower more reflective ballads. I can't get 'Never Be Lonely' out of my head-if you play it a couple of times you'll realise why and 'The Kettle's On' and 'Same Old Stuff' are just exquisite.

I have to say finally, that I've seen 'The Feeling' play live in Glasgow and they sound as good live as they do on disc.Obviously no sound engineer trickery has been employed to enhance them which is a refreshing change.

If you're thinking about buying this album, don't think - BUY IT!!!