Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.60

on 9 March 2014
yet another additctive book from KMM. Her Highlander books, like the Fae books are impossible to put down once you start reading them.
on 1 April 2013
Read it in a day. Fell in love with the characters specially the male ones there gorgeous.Fab story off to read the next book now xx
on 15 November 2009
Karen Marie Moning is a queen at what she does. This book promised a lot and did not disappoint.
on 6 October 2002
When I visit a bookstore in the States when I visit my sister, I notice that she has a nasty habit when choosing a book to read. Plucking it off the shelf, she reads the Prologue or the first few pages, then turns to the middle and reads a few pages and then turns to the end and reads the last chapter. I stand there appalled. Do you go to a movie, see the first few minutes, stroll out for popcorn and a drink, returning in the middle and then take a bathroom break till the last few minutes to see what happens. No, at least I hope not. I love enticing jack covers that attract your roving eye and entice you to read the back. I love the element of mystery when deciding to buy a book from just a few informative passages. I was tempted by the letter left at the end of Kiss of the Highlander. Visual depictions of what could happen have floated in my mind since finishing that book in the early part of 2002 in a old pub in Lochwinnoch one cold and blustry Sunday. When the excerpt appeared on Amazon.com site my curiousity and need hit an all time high. This could be a really good book. I guess this lends credit to Ms. Moning being a rather good story teller. She had me hooked and was reeling me in. My only fear is that I had developed these great expectations and was worried about it not living up to my mental perceptions. There is always an element of risk involved in any purchase. Well, The Dark Highlander is one worthy of purchase. It arrived early in the morning and I could not begin to read until late in the afternoon. I had been waiting over 10 months for the release and I was tempted to follow my sister's purchase routine. Even after I started reading the urge was playing on my mind but I knew I would spoil any potential fulfillment if I gave in. So, once I started it I finished it in one eight hour session, page by page and wasn’t disappointed.
Ms. Moning relies on her characters and their inter-active, inter-relationships to tell the story. You the reader are to derive object meaning as to the backdrop; paint the picture of the scenery through their emotional discourse. I have read all of her books and the evolution in style is a refreshing explosion in a genre that I feel is starting to become too formulated. Yet, one reservation, as an American living in Scotland now, I wish someone would have the literary guts to attempt to push the threshold and adequately describe this exotic landscape. Scotland’s history and its’ culture has been shaped by its landscape and to date I think only a few authors have come close, including Ms. Moning. Dageus physique and personality is chiselled raw masculinity of shadows and planes that men envy and woman could and have fallen victim to. His strength is viewable in his presentation. He is like Ben Nevis, deceptive in form and function. Any day the weather, the terrain, the hike can change in a blinding second, tackle it unprepared, and suffer the consequences. Chloe Zanders complements Daqeus well. She may be short in stature but tough as nails and is well equipped to handle the tempest that is The Dark Highlander’s life.
Devour The Dark Highlander in one setting. Don’t be tempted to read the end before you even begin. Pour yourself a good dram of Glayva or single 25 year old scotch in good crystal, turn on some haunting Scots or Irish music, and dive in. It has been well worth the wait.
on 10 February 2009
Once I got started I could not put down until finished and couldn't wait to start the next one
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 January 2016
Good Book al the series of Books are good would recommend them
on 17 January 2017
Love all of this series that's it just LOVE them lol
on 16 June 2016