Customer reviews

Garmin Dashboard Mount
Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on 19 October 2016
Works great, easily attached and removed. Seems to fit most if not all Garmin models of sat nav. Once the base is in place (permanent use sticky pads supplied) the stalk can be removed when the sat nav isn't in use.

Only down points is the original sticky pad on it came loose (may not have been attached correctly though as the spare worked ok) and despite being advertised as "low profile" and "Discrete" when the stalk is removed it has Garmin branding all over the sizeable base that's left so it's obvious a sat nav is in the vehicle. Only a minor issue but still it probably shouldn't be marketed as such.
on 4 March 2016
The window mount that came with my Garmin nuvi 2799-LMT-D works well, but as the SatNav unit is fairly big (7"), it partially hindered my view. So this dashboard mount was purchased and affixed to the flatest and closest part of the dashboard on my VW Bora Sport. It stuck down well and following the instructions, seems permantly fixed, so am pleased so far. Time will tell whether it stays fixed, but you do get two adhesive pads.
on 14 August 2013
This does the job perfectly if only the they had sent the permanent adhesive pads. I found one pad in the package but I can only assume that the one I have is the 'temporary' adhesive pad as it keeps detaching itself from the dashboard. I definitely will keep this as the ease of use is brilliant but I will write to Amazom and try and get another permanent pad.

One week later.... I contacted Amazon and they replaced the item and I received it the following day.
Excellent Service.
on 31 January 2016
At last a holder that actually secures the satnav. No more stopping to fish the kit out of the footwell. Very positive adhesion if dashtop is cleaned and flat. I used alcohol based hand cleanser which works a treat. In our Peugeot mounted on LHS of dashtop centre within the indent avoiding obscuring centre dashtop radio/computer display.
on 22 September 2013
I had read some mixed reviews when I purchased this, but I can say that it does exactly what I want. I have not fitted it on top of the dash but in a recess in the front of the dash which gives me a "factory fitted location" I followed the manufacturers guidelines re cleaning the surface and leaving the mount to set in position for 24 hrs and the adhesive pad has gripped well so far.
on 30 July 2017
This item wasn't big enough for the type of sat nav I have but there was no size guidelines to go with when searching for what I wanted which wasn't very good so I have had to work round the product and make it work.
on 24 October 2015
Small footprint sturdy and well made slightly taller than the standard mount (about 10mm) which is what I was after as my ideal place for this mount is on a sloping part of my dash and with the standard mount I could not fit the Garmin level. This mount allows a level fitting and is secure on the sticky pad :)
on 30 August 2017
Just what I wanted to save screen mounting of my Garmin. The ball fits most Garmin devices, including Garmin Camper. I used with 3M double sided pads.
on 16 May 2017
A good mounting for my sat nav although the sticky pads aren't very good and the whole unit keeps fall g off of my dashboard. Rather disappointed.
on 9 November 2016
great mount solid and secure . did have to spend ages cleaning the dash with soap and water to get the pad to stick and even then it took a while for the adhesive to bond well !