on 13 August 2014
Oh my gosh! What a weird game. At first it looks so boring but then WOOSH something happens and you look at the time and see you have spent 5 hours playing it! So addictive and fun. There is so much to do it might become overwhelming sometimes. It's a great game for little ones and adults as well. One of my favourite Xbox games.
on 2 August 2017
great
on 5 December 2006
I have actually bought this title for my girlfriend for Christmas, but the sampling has proven surprisingly addictive. in short there are many similarities to the japanese 'wonderful life' franchise, where you raise a 'garden' of animals and grow foods etc. I suppose it may be a little too complex for children as you need to keep an eye on a multitude of real time events as your pinadas relentlessly kill each other offscreen, but all are easily regenerated....one complaint so far is the lack of clarity on exactly how you progress, attain larger gardens etc.. but a hdtv plasma the graphics and colours are fantastic....my first attempt lasted 8 consecutive hrs, and if you like management sims along the line of theme park etc... you probly won't be disappointed.
on 23 August 2017
Works perfectly
on 13 June 2007
This has GOT to be one of the best games on Xbox 360. A lot of people think it's for little kids, but it's for everyone. I know loads of people over the age of 13 that love the game, and I do too! It's got great graphics, and it's the most imaginative, colourful game I've ever played. It doesn't get tiresome, and theres always something to do. Collect Pinatas, unlock to shops, characters, upgrades and items, become a great gardener, collect coins and much more! When you get to level 13 ish, you start doing factory challenges as well, where the Pinata Central are relying on you to get Pinatas. If your not sure about getting this game, theres a brilliant new demo on the xbox live marketplace, it might be 1.3gb but it's worth the wait and you can just delete it anyway.

It's also rewarding with some easy achievements, and some a bit harder.

Don't rate it till you've tried it, this game is one of the best out there!
on 24 March 2008
I have never had so much fun with a game as this; not even Halo3 is as good! It is so addictive. In our family all 3 kids and both adults have profiles and we all have several gardens on the go. Gameplay is responsive and the graphics are very good. All the gardens you create will have a different feel, which is one of the great things about this game. If you get bored with one garden, just start another. It's also interesting to see what the kids have done with their gardens. Kids are also a great source of info on the game; they've all helped me get out of a rut.

HIghly recommended to gardeners and non-gardeners alike.
on 25 August 2015
Boring and kids don't enjoy playing it.
on 1 March 2007
bought this game couple of days ago after i read some other reviews on it. Game play and objective is basically similar to the sims, -build house, buy nice things, cultivate and watch it all fall apart! Very enjoyable game, very addictive. Originally bought it for my girlfriend but i havent let her have a go on it yet! bit of a shame there is no real online play for it, all you can do is trade things. Also sometimes there can be too much going on and not enough time to do it (classic sim problem). Maybe i need more practice..........
on 16 March 2007
I'm sure most people think that Viva Piniata is for babies but I don't care because it's fun for that exact reason, it's kiddy, colourful and fun times a jillion! You can't help but enjoy it! Unlocking the stores and characters makes it more fun that you actually have a goal instead of just having piniatas. I just love the whole idea of owning piniatas on an island for piniatas, it's simple, cute and fun! In short, I think you would enjoy it!
on 30 January 2007
I bought this game as I fancied trying something a bit different to the usual first person shooters which I usually buy. I put the game in, started playing it and before I knew it 3 hours had passed and I was frantically trying to get worms to "romance" and make sure my newly planted seeds had enough water. There are no real objectives in this game, but you can unlock achievements and earn in game points as your garden grows and you attract more Pinata. Graphically it's very pleasing with colourful animation and nice 3D gardens to appreciate. I have had no problems with the game freezing as another reviewer said, the game plays fine and an auto save feature helps to ensure you don't lose too much should something disastrous happen. Great game - deserves to be massive.

See one answered question