Customer reviews

Manchester
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£19.90+ £1.26 shipping

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 April 2017
THE BEAUTIFUL SOUTH released a plethora of non-album B-sides, live tracks and cover versions on their single and Maxi-Single releases. "Manchester" (UK #41) was sadly their penultimate release. The B-side was "If Tear Were Silver" and both were written by the group's Paul Heaton and Dave Rotheray. The two CD singles from their final album SUPERBI were released in limited quantities and can be very hard, and very expensive, to find......
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
When I first heard this single I wasn't immediately impressed. It seemed a little weak but soon I couldn't get it out of my head and now I know all the words and listen to it alot. It's a great single and I can't for the new album, I have a feeling it's going to be a good'un. The B-side is also quite good and sees the South going in a new direction. Good music by a superb and hideously underrated band.