on 8 February 2012
I've been using 4 of these cards and also a number of 4GB versions for my photographic work including regular weddings over the last 3 years or so. They've been in and out of various camera bodies and card readers, subject to carrying in my sweaty shirt pockets, dropped, trodden on (I weigh 18 stones) and generally abused as much as one could reasonably imagine any storage device could be and thus far I can claim flawless service from all of them. This is perhaps not so surprising in a top line product from a premium manufacturer like Sandisk. After all these things are supposed to be reliable, right? However the very first 8GB card in this line that I bought (I know this because it's lovingly marked 8A in thick red permanent marker) once survived a 40 degree synthetics cycle and two hours in a hot tumble dryer without a single file becoming corrupted! This was about 18 months ago and believe me 8A is still going strong. Now that's what I call extreme.
on 4 September 2008
I use two of these cards with my Sony Alpha 700 and have had no problems. I shoot in RAW mode, which is the largest file format the camera uses and can still store 416 images on this card. Set to Continuous Mode I don't notice any lag in writing until it has taken about nine pictures. There are faster cards available of course (the Extreme IV range for example) but for me it didn't warrant the additional cost.
The card is supplied with a small wallet which can hold two cards in their plastic protective shells and can then be hooked onto a key-fob or suchlike. It also comes with a mini-cd with recovery software for restoring deleted or damaged files from the card.
on 10 September 2008
I use this card with a Canon EOS 40D, and find it to be an ideal card for that camera. Has been completely reliable, and is just the right capacity at 8GB.

The EOS 40D shows that 488 exposures can be stored, when using RAW + Large JPEG mode.
44 people found this helpful
on 19 October 2009
Works great in my Canon 50D (which I didn't buy from Amazon due to being out of stock when I wanted to order and the price going up by over £100 when it came back into Stock despite the price trend being downward?).
It handles "burst" mode effectively and the fact that I am shooting in RAW and JPEG. I think that this is a good size card without the drawbacks of the larger 16Gb card which shows some slow down when writing the images.
on 9 November 2009
Having recently upgraded to an EOS7D I started looking at CF cards. I did a lot of research, and yes there are faster cards out there, and yes there are those with more capacity, but this card seemed to offer the perfect compromise between cost / speed / capacity. And being a Sandisk, you just KNOW it is going to be reliable.

Don't dither any more, this is the the card you want!

Mike
One person found this helpful
on 23 February 2009
Using the card with a Canon EOS40D on RAW. Sandisk cards are reliable - I have used them for over 7 years - and these cope perfectly adequately in read/write speed on the EOS40D. I also have an Extreme IV and it is no different on this camera so why waste money on the extra performance if you do not need it?
11 people found this helpful
on 30 September 2008
I bought one for my Olympus E-510.
I set the camera to shot RAW+High quality JPEG at the same time and the card does more than 1 fps so the card does the job as it should.
Do not bother to buy extreme IV as it would be little difference in speed (only in price is a big one :)
10 people found this helpful
on 28 June 2008
Bought for use with Olympus E510. Works beautifully, and data transfer to PC through compatible card-reader is reassuringly fast.
Update Oct 2015: Still providing fast reliable service after several years of careful use (along with other Sandisk cards).
16 people found this helpful
on 8 July 2015
The best as far as form factor and manufacturers go. They last forever.
on 23 July 2012
Bought this in 2010 for use in my Canon XTi. Very happy with this high capacity card and is still going strong. Haven't had any issues to report (knock on wood). Nothing else to say really, a great card I'm a satisfied customer.

See one answered question