on 1 December 2014
Terrible. The product is a record. It requires a certain amount of care in transit.

It arrived with the corner of the album bent over on it self for a 12cm region region.

This ruined the album sleeve and damaged the edge of the record.

See photo attached for view of item in packaging and after removal.
review image
on 30 January 2013
I'm a Black Keys fan but their take on Junior Kimbrough's music is extraordinary. It's a shame that a blues artist as talented as Kimbrough needs the intervention of a modern band to introduce the world to his genius, yet out of that unfairness has risen something wonderful. Describing this as the best thing the Keys have ever done isn't meant as an insult, after all they had the entire Kimbrough backlog to choose from so you'd expect an EP of covers to stand a fair chance of being successful, and this is a masterpiece. This is blues that is sad yet somehow simultaneously gloriously uplifting, almost hypnotic, and you'll find yourself drifting off into another world at times, carried along by the music.
If you're a fan of the Black Keys or even just have a passing interest in the blues, buy this. And if you're not a fan of Junior Kimbrough yet then do yourself a favour and buy yourself some of his own recordings too, as I can't believe anyone who likes the blues could fail to fall in love with his music. The word "genius" is much over-used but Kimbrough deserves the tag, and paired with one of the most innovative bands of the last decade it's no surprise this record is as good as it is.
on 6 April 2010
When I brought this I had never heard of Junior Kimbrough but was a huge fan of the Black Keys. Despite that this artifact of pure soul and heavy gut punching rock is to me there best work and a shame that it did not extend to a whole album. Every song is performed from the heart. Keep your hands off her is the opener which floats above the air entering your mind with Dan Auerbach's plea to leave his girl alone. Have Mercy on Me is my favourite song as it kick statrs with brooding stormcloud of blues rock we are all use to from them, then after the storm comes the repentance, a perfect song for anyone who has done things worng in there life and how much we all seek mercy and forgiveness. Work Me and Meet me in the City are both excellent numbers but the next track Nobody But You surpasses them, the crying anguish of the blues are ever present here, the lusting after a girl you can't get who is always on your mind. The closer My Mind is Ramblin is the poetic wanderings of the mind and builds up to the crescnedo that has been worked up across the EP. The guitar work pierces the skin and Pat's heavy hitting brings you down to the ground.

The Black Keys have created something timeless and incredibly special, so much so that we are treated to at the end a phone message from Junior Kimbrough's wife expressing her appreciation of what the duo have put together. As for the man himself, it is well worth checking Junior Kimbrough out. An often overlooked figure when discussing blues giants. Now thanks to this moving and flawless tribute, it will direct people towards his music.
on 8 July 2015
This was the Ep made before the fantastic `Magic Potion` album was released and after `Rubber Factory`
It has hints of both albums and is an Ep so don't expect a brilliant piece of work but definitely a notable one worth purchasing if you are a fan of the 2 piece blues act from the states.
Stand out songs include `nobody but you` and `keep your hands off her` and the rest ambles along nicely in their blues infused rock noise.

If your a fan an essential purchase.
on 13 March 2011
Being a relic of the 60's Brit Blues-Rock era and a fan of Fleetwood Mac/Chicken Shack/John Mayall blues (a reference to Liverpool Scene if anyone can remember them), I was amazed when I heard this EP and thought I must have been transported back in time. I am sure I will feel as nostalgic about this album in 40 years time (even though I will be 100) as I do about Cream or Ten Years After albums now. That they're Yanks rather than Brits is just a technicality. Although I thought I knew many of the old black blues artists, I had never heard of Junior Kimbrough (which only goes to show what little I know) so had no idea what to expect when I first heard this EP. But from the opening track "Keep Your Hands Off My Woman" (what a brilliant title! and it's an absolute electric blues gem) to the last "My Mind is Ramblin'" (which particularly resonates with me an my stage of decreptitude) the whole album is a real treat. Not one dud. If you're someone from my era who just doesn't know what to buy of current music, buy this. You won't be disappointed.
on 30 October 2013
Excellent wistful rambling blues album recorded as tribute to Junior Kimbrough a black Mississippi blues guitarists who died in 1998. The CD is short on content at just 27 minutes and was the last album to be recorded with Fat Possum Recorded before The Black Keys moved to Nonesuch, after which their style changed direction. So this is a retrospective look at The Black Keys work, and after 3 or 4 plays, somehow really works. Anyone who likes The Keys, White Stripes, Led Zeppelin etc in blues mode, will love this.
on 17 December 2011
As The Black Keys forge ahead with El Camino, their awesome new modern rock album, Chulahoma remains the unsung pinnacle of their old blues rock style, and still my favourite by a long shot. I hope that some of the fans who've picked up on The Black Keys in recent years will be able to appreciate it. If you liked 'Everywhere I Go' (Thickfreakness), well, it's like that, only better.

This is an album of gorgeous, brilliantly balanced blues rock, reinterpreting Junior Kimbrough's music with real class. The Black Keys smooth out the sometimes frenetic rock solo style of Thickfreakness or Rubber Factory into a finely tuned and polished blues sound, combining their own grit with Junior's driving rhythm. While Dan's guitar hits the nail on the head, Pat's drumming is intricate and so good that you can listen to the whole album without hearing anything else. Sometimes more like rock, sometimes more like blues, in a nutshell, this is the best of what The Black Keys duo have to offer in one highly concentrated package.
on 28 April 2017
superb album
on 15 July 2016
I was afraid that vinyl come crushed or broken but everything was very fine and i am very satisfied.
on 26 April 2017