Customer reviews

on 5 October 2006
I was very pleased with this printer.[...]

This machine worked straight out of the box. The only hiccup was having to download the Windows 64-bit drivers from the website, but I was anticipating that and had downloaded them in advance.

The print quality is excellent - the ability to produce A3 size photo prints to frame is why I bought this in the first place, and I have not been disappointed.

An excellent printer at a reasonable price.
22 Comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 September 2008
I have had the printer for nearly a year. Still working without a problem. Prints well on thicker card. I think I have gone up to 240 gsm. It flags low ink levels early but you can monitor the level by looking at the cartridge. If there is still ink in the sponge keep on printing.
33 Comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 September 2012
costs loads in ink, and marks the paper with roller mechanism- this is subtle but i know its there in all printed photos and it annoys me intensley. stopped using it completely about a year ago- asda locally has fantastic quality prints, all sizes and cheap as chips.

given huge improvement with commerical printing, these home inkjets simly dont make economic sense at all
on 17 April 2009
When my Epson 1290 A3 printer finally broke down, I decided to try a Canon printer, since they seem to get good reviews. I was very disappointed with this printer as it seemed impossible to get a decent black out of it. I was trying to print a quark document that contained 300dpi colour images and black text. The images were rather murky but the black text printed dark grey despite varying paper and print settings. This certainly wasn't up to the standard I'd hoped for for regular graphic work. My Epson was so much better - even when on it's last legs.

If you are considering this printer I would search for other reviews/chat on the net about it, as it seems that many other people are unhappy with it's lack of depth when trying to get a good black tone. It also prints black and white photos with murky sepia or magenta cast - even if they are hi-res grayscale tifs.
on 21 February 2009
Bought this as a present for my husband and he is delighted with it. We now have loads of family photo's printed to the highest quality.
on 28 August 2014