Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 June 2001
This soundtrack from sister act 1 is great! How can anybody ever not like it!!! It includes all the songs that were in the film so if you like the film then you'll love this! A lot! Some songs are 'my god' and also 'ain't no mountain high enough' song in gospel with very powerful chorus'. Wonderful. The sound is amazing and will really make you feel happy and alive. Th songs have good beats, get you going and are compassionate! Buy this, especially if you liked the film!
on 3 May 2009
Sister Act is a fantastic film but, so is this film soundtrack. Whoopi Goldberg really does have a great voice that really shines out on this film cast recording.
The songs are all exceptional, especially "My Guy" (My God) and the beautifully sung song "I Will Follow You".
The nuns have soul when they sing all these great songs, that you feel that you are there, when you hear them sing.
If you love the film Sister Act and have not bought this amazing album, do so, you will not be disappointed to hear this.
on 21 November 2013
Not all the music from the film. Its ok but now knowing what's on it I wouldn''t buy it again
The lounge medley, Getting the Habit,Rescue me,Hail holy Mary, Roll with me Henry, Gravy, My Guy (God), Just a touch of love, Deloris is kidnapped, Nuns to the rescue, I will follow him, shout, If my sisters in trouble.
VINE VOICEon 26 January 2015
Arguably the most joyful soundtrack ever from the frantic Deloris and the Ronelles Motown pastiche (Whoopi on hysterical form in spray on slinky dress) to the actual artist classics like the soul stirring foot tapping heart thudding "Rescue Me " by Fontella Bass, surely a definitive anthem and the outstanding "Gravy" by Dee Dee Sharp, the reason why I bought this CD. Songs like this are truly not written any more.

The clever rewriting of the Mary Wells classic "My Guy " as "My God" is definitely a showstopper, whoever the voices are they are truly something else and ditto "Hail Holy Queen" (Ave Regina)

...and if that aint enough for you check out C&C 's frantic anthem "Just a Touch of Love", no you can't keep still so don't even try.

The real treasure, for me, was to find Etta James' "Roll with me Henry " I didnt even remember that from the film!!So now I am going back to watch the amazing film all over again ~ hardly a chore as it is so uplifting
on 6 December 2015
A very good album with some very good songs being sung A little quite at first had to turn it up on the volume no problem.... sorted
May I first say to follow this album.. one should watch the film to understand the flow of the songs.... if you don't mind me saying
Both are then a very good Buy to add to any film and song collection Worth every penny when purchased from AMAZON many thanks
Playing my album as I am writing this... sounds very nice hope you enjoy as well... no complaints from me I am very happy
review image
VINE VOICEon 15 April 2010
If you liked Sister Act and Sister Act 2 then you will love this CD.

And if you haven't seen either then first of all see it! And if not then it is a good mix of gospel music and soul and is one of those types of music you can really dance with and sing along with once you have heard it a couple of times.
on 20 November 2013
I used to have this on cassette but after seeing the film again wanted it on CD - I'm sure it used to be better but it is a good compilation. It doesn't play all the choral songs from the film which is a little disappointing but worth it still
on 9 September 2013
You gotta love Sister Act! If you like sister act then you will love the music cd, all the music from each scene is on this cd. When listening to the music you can easily picture the scenes from the movie and it puts a smile on the face and brings some fun to proceedings. Must have for any Sister Act fan or anyone that wants something lighthearted and fun to listen to.
on 2 May 2014
Love the film so bought the sound track best song i remember i wll follow him had to buy cd so i could listen to the music on headphones because wife can't stand the film love whoopie goldberg and she can sing.
on 29 January 2014
Better than I expected! Some soundtracks are not true to the film but this has all the quirks from the performances in the movie and therefore a great addition to my music collection, mainly for comedy purposes though it has to be said.