Customer reviews

Faber-Castell Polychromos Colour Pencils Tin Of 120
Size: Tin Of 120|Change

on 1 December 2015
An incredible set of pencils with a really good selection of different colours. These are clearly of very good quality - they don't break easily, the colours are really vibrant. These are definitely worth an investment for producing high quality coloured pencil artwork. Perhaps buy another spare white/black or colours you use frequently. Can't fault these pencils at all - they were delivered in sufficient protective packaging too.
review image
on 9 June 2015
I managed to get these for £75 in Amazons deals at Christmas, I'd had my eye on them for a while so couldn't believe my luck! They really are every bit as good as the other reviews say, easy to build layers and a great selection of colours. The leads are soft enough to blend easily, without being too waxy like the Prismacolors, sharpen very well and won't break unless pressed very hard. If you're a beginner to coloured pencil work, I would always recommend you buy a smaller set first so you can get the measure of them, after all not everyone likes the same tools. However these are a great all rounder, and I'm glad I took the dive and got the full selection. Even though I got them in the sale, they are worth the £130.
review image
on 30 March 2016
Let me start by saying that I'm not a professional artist, I bought this set to indulge my love of adult colouring. It has every colour imaginable and then some. They sharpen well and don't break (I use the Faber Trio one)
Comes in a metal box containing 3 plastic trays that you lift out.
Colours come out on paper beautifully.
Highly recommend.
on 28 March 2016
Love love love these pencils! Ok they are very expensive but so worth it, I've had my set a few months now and not had 1 single lead break, even though my set came in a very badly dented tin my pencils are fine. They lay colour down well and blend like a dream in my opinion
on 2 December 2015
I've finally found a pencil which is better suited to my art style. These are expensive BUT totally worth the price, the quality is amazing!! I can finally add detail into my work without the constant sharpening and the lead breaking. I knew these were good but I didn't expect them to be this good. I absolutely love them so far!
on 7 April 2016
These have been top of my wishlist for a while

Only tiny let down is that the inner trays are plastic - which is a shame

The tin is good quality and the 3 trays have little handles to lift them in and out

Pencils are a great range of colours and lovely and soft. They blend easily and layer awesomely - I just love adult colouring with these and in my opinion they are the best of the best when it comes to colouring pencils!
on 30 December 2014
This was my first experience of Faber-Castell Polychromos colour pencils. I'm just a leisure 'colourer' as opposed to an artist but these pencils are brilliant. Bright, smooth colours. I was so impressed, I asked Santa for a tin of 120 so I had a better colour range. They are expensive but worth the expenditure. They don't break and sharpen to a perfect point for fine work. Excellent.
on 5 July 2017
Wow!They really do live up to the hype!I was concerned at spending so much on coloured pencils but I'm glad I did!Theyre so vibrant & you can layer the colour to get a much more opaque effect.The leads don't break when you sharpen them so they last a lot longer.Im really pleased with this purchase,I will never use any other colouring pencil again!
on 14 November 2017
Just had a go using these (Polychromos) for the first time after they arrived today. Forget about the other pencils and just get these. Sharpness is fantastic, vibrancy is awesome, they mix really well - blue and yellow really do make green etc., go light and you get your shade, go harder and you get a deeper more vibrant shade. I can't wait to really get stuck in and use them for real. I now want all the colours. This my first impression and I'm really excited about them. Yes, I know it's my first evening but. WOW!
on 31 January 2017
Fantastic pencils! I love these pencils and they are so worth the price! Unlike prismacolor these are oil based so you get a smooth lay down of colour and the vibrancy of the colours are awesome I highly recommended them for adult colouring, art, drawing etc