on 18 January 2015
Absolutely brilliant - worth the watch. Delighted seeing it is the whole series. Definitely outshines the most recent version televised. This cast is the one
on 30 March 2015
Terrific! So much better than the recent adaptation, these stay very true to the books. All the actors are perfectly fitted to the roles, and each episode is a comic gem. Good quality film, too.
on 30 January 2017
Love the Mapp And Lucia series, just rereading the books again. The. Cloths Lucia wears are amazing.
on 27 October 2017
Droll humour and brilliant acting by a fantastic cast. Great attention to period features.
on 3 November 2017
They don't make intelligent comedies like this any more. Marvellous!
on 16 December 2017
Excellent- love this series and casting amazing!!!
on 22 April 2012
I absolutely loved this series when it was first on TV and have really enjoyed having my own boxed set to watch whenever I like. Great family viewing, really funny and beautifully filmed. In fact whenever I have lent it to other people I have had real difficulties in getting it back so be warned! What a shame there weren't any more series made.
on 9 November 2014
I had the video set, but we no longer have a video,.i love it,such escapism.my husband doesn't like the programme at all but then he never did.
on 16 January 2015
Very enjoyable series, remember seeing it when it was first shown on Channel 4.

Geraldine McEwan and Prunella Scales are excellent as Mapp & Lucia with a marvellous performance by Nigel Hawthorne as George Pillson.

What more perfect evening could you have, a meal of Lobster a la Riseholme, a quick totter peg and this on the DVD!!
on 11 July 2014
I remember seeing the series on TV when I was quite young and then I went on to read all the books (though not the recent imitations). I was a bit worried that the TV series would be clunky and dated but it is still as witty and superbly acted as I remember. Such fun!