Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 18 October 2010
Citizen Men's Eco-Drive 300 Meter Professional Diver Watch #BN0000-04H

Ordered Friday ... Arrived Monday! Way to go Amazon!

This watch is solid and small enough (and yet large enough) that it doesn't look like Big Ben sat on your wrist. Face is clearly legible without the clutter of the all whistles, all bells, all no use dials of the chronograph monstrosities. Strap is comfortable and does not slip around the wrist. Citizen Eco-drive for £150! No more batteries to buy at extortionate rates. Rated at 300m for diving (Who needs to go to that depth unless you're in a canvas sack with a cannonball at your feet????) so should be more than ample for my 18m open water diver usage. The only small critcism is that the date portal is small but I can read a calendar anyway.

All in all, I'm chuffed to bits with this watch which I am sure will serve well for many years to come. Providing my lad doesn't beg, borrow or steal it from me!
VINE VOICEon 27 June 2012
Top quality watch at less than half the price anything you could find with a Swiss movement in. Citizen have given us an automatic divers watch for under 150 quid! The watch is slim, slimmer than the black monster Seiko has to offer or its 007 model so this can be worn as a casual watch under a shirt. The lume on this watch is fantastic and needs very little light just normal daylight for it to glow for hours in the dark. The other good thing about the lume on this is it glows ever when moving from daylight to poor light rather than other watches where you need to "Charge" By holding it to a torch or lamp to glow.

Strap is rubber which is much more practical for a divers watch especially as its going to get wet often. The only down side to this is I have noticed the rotating bezel can be a bit loose and can get moved with not much effort. I am not a diver so not much bothered by this but I suppose I would be if I was underwater and had only 10 minutes to surface before I suffocate!

Watch is a matt black face and metal case which looks a lot more solid in the flesh than that horrible stock photo shown.

Watch comes in standard Citizen box brilliant automatic watch highly recommended.

****Update****

Had this now for a couple of months and its pretty much become my daily watch. Stands up to the rigours of an active life and no issues I can think of. Even the rotating bezel I have got used to and just have to be more mindful that it can move. The positive with this is when you do need it (I sometimes use it as a timer) It doesnt sound like you are trying to turn the cogs on a bike chain when moving it.

The only issue of note would be the strap. I specifically bought this on a rubber strap which is one of the reasons I went for this rather than the Seiko 007 Within a month though I changed to a nato strap. I found the rubber too thick and can start to dig into your wrist a little. No big deal as it now sits happily on a nato strap and looks even better for it.
1010 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 September 2008
I love this watch. It's got the rugged simplicity of a Rolex at an affordable price. The face is clear and uncluttered making it much easier to read than some of the all-singing all-dancing dive watches available. The one-way bezel is easy to turn but stays where you put it and the second hand is nice and clear so you can time decompression stops accurately. And it never needs batteries. You do need to be careful that the crown is screwed down though, as it will leak if it is loose.
on 13 April 2011
What more can I say more than my title,
It comes in a nice box. It looks good and it tells the time.

Yes the date indicator is a little small, but any larger and it would look out of place.

The best thing is, I never have to replace the battery, which is why I bought it. So I never have to open it up, have it repressure tested and no chance of leaks.

Hmmm like my last watch.

The only annoying thing is. on the strap, they give you a little Non deco limit table. It is in feet, Obviously this watch was imported from the US.
My last Citizen (Stolen by some thieving boat boy in Egypt!) was in Metres. But this is just a niggle, something I could sort with a new strap if I was so inclined.

But over all, excellent watch, looks good, glows in the dark for a while, very bright, but it is new!

Watch out there are many older non ecodrive watches kicking around for sale, many places will try an fob you off with them, by saying they are the current model. Don't be fooled..
on 13 January 2016
This is a beautiful watch. It's solar and will charge in any light from natural sun source to your bedside lamp. It's a great size, as so many watches now are ridiculously big, this one is just right. The time keeping is excellent in fact apart from daylight savings adjustment, I haven't had to adjust it at all. Very comfortable to wear and really easy face to read. Unless you're a collector, it's basically the only watch you'll ever need.
on 10 September 2010
Well what can I say. I debated for ages over which watch to get, this or a sekio divers watch. Went to shops etc to get a look at both, as pictures dont really tell the whole story (size of watch, solidity, feel etc). Must say I am impressed. Nice solid feeling watch with an excellent strap that although you can close it tight the chunky bits of the strap actually allow some play. Very nice. The rotating bezel is a little tight but feels like it will never move accidently which is a good thing when your diving. Date could be larger but thats nit picking. The watch itself keep excellent time, not had to adjuct it yet. Solar powered so another plus. Looks and feels good. should last for ages or until i get bored and want a new one! And the GLOW in the dark at night is very cool and bright! all in a solid buy. Recommend highly.
on 30 November 2016
I bought this watch in 2014. I am a professional diver, not a commercial diver but a SCUBA diving instructor. So I wasn't taking this watch down to the very limits of its depth range , I wasn't welding or moving heavy loads around underwater. I was diving in warm clear waters to a maximum depth of 30m/100ft. After a year of use, the watch stopped working. Even though I'd taken great care to rinse it of in fresh water after every dive.
I wasn't able to send it back to Citizen until I arrived back in the UK in 2016. After Citizen had looked at the watch, they told me water had got in. And they said water probably got through the crown (the button on the side of the watch for adjusting the date and time) And they told me the cost of repair would be £140, which is more than I originally paid for the watch brand new.
They said that I hadn't pushed the crown in which is why it let in water. Bare in mind I had taken the watch diving twice a day, six days a week for over a year and had no problems. So I couldn't understand how this would've happened. Obviously, if you've ever been SCUBA diving, you'll know it's a very kit orientated sport. You are always taking kit off and on again, carrying equipment to and from the boat, helping other people with their kit. And as an instructor, when I'm teaching, I'm taking things like teaching slates, S.M.B's and reels in and out of my B.C.D pocket. So maybe the crown got caught as I was doing any one of these things.
The point being, as a PROFESSIONAL divers watch as this is advertised, this shouldn't be an issue. If it's being marketed as a "Professional" divers watch then to my mind, this is obviously a design fault.
If you want too spend this amount on a nice dress watch that you can wear in the rain or swimming pool, then this watch is ideal. As for using it for actual diving, then I would suggest looking at watches made by companies such as SUUNTO, MARES, OCEANIC,etc that specialize in make diving equipment and watches.And therefore don't have design issues whereby you could possibly flood the watch, even if it was by accident.
After this watch stopped working I had to revert to using MY Casio G-Shock watch that I paid £40 for some 13yrs ago. It's done well over 2000 dives, has never given me any problems, still works today and I've never had to change the battery yet.
on 4 May 2014
There a number of things to consider when buying a divers watch...For me the first thing is accuracy, I have a number of Citizens, in a collection of about 50 watches, and they are without a doubt the most accurate watches I own, This model is one of two Citizen Divers I own, the other is the NY0040-09W, which is an automatic mechanical, love them both, but it will never compete with a quartz watch for accuracy...Being an Eco-Drive, and powered by light (Solar) makes this ideal for diving, and with a completely sealed case, is 300 meters capable, most autos are 200 meters. The BN0000-04H is light, beautifully made, with a 60 click Bezel and excellent lume. the only thing I disliked was the No Decompression table on the strap, so swapped it for a Shark Mesh Stainless Steel bracelet with deployment clasp.....And it looks fantastic. At 41mm, it is not a large watch by any means....But you know the old saying..."Beautiful things come in small packages".......Well, this Citizen can hold it,s head up high, even among the £500 plus timepieces. Highly recommended, plus with a nice metal bracelet, it can be worn for formal occasions too. One of my all time favourite watches, and NEVER lets me down......Buy one ;)
on 25 January 2015
Disappointing - after 7 months of normal use the watch has developed condensation inside the face
on 4 October 2013
I bought this watch in 2006 and I have worn it daily. The strap lasted for 3 years, which is reasonable, and I've had a black nato g10 nylon replacement since which has lasted longer and is a lot cheaper than the replacement citizen strap. After 7 years there are the usual scratches, dents, dings and signs of general hard use but with no loss of function. Still fully waterproof! I'm not a diver but I do a lot of outdoor sports and this watch has done it all. For the price you can't really compete with this watch. Easy to read in a hurry without the distraction of stuff you don't need. Easy to read at night in low visibility. It isn't too big and it isn't too small. Does what it says on the tin!