TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 October 2015
A fascinating behind the scenes documentary of the inner workings, trials and tribulations of the CSC cycling team largely filmed in and around the 2004 Tour De France giving a unique perspective on how hard life as a tour rider and being a member of the support team around them is. Unique access to the squad was granted, and whilst there is some race footage much of this is what you don't get to see on TV - tactics being called from the team car, the mundanity of hotel life, post-race massages, post-crash doctoring, support for personal issues and family problems. It's a backstage look at life on the hardest sporting event in the world, tainted a little with hindsight at the annulment of not only Lance Armstrong's seven Tour wins but also CSC team manager Bjarne Riis' solitary victory for doping, for he is the glue that holds the film and the team together. Riis throughout appears dedicated and passionate, but concerns appear for him from team members as the strain clearly takes hold yet he internalises it. Even with those annulments hanging over the production in retrospect it's still a very valuable insight into life on a pro cycling team who won the team award in this edition of Le Tour. Loads of extras on Disc 2 include an interview with David Duffield (amusingly stating Bradley Wiggins will never win Le Tour), time with the mechanics, a detailed half hour backstage look at Stage 13 won by team member Ivan Basso, and things from the perspective of the fans - excellent bonus material.
on 10 November 2015
I got sucked into this story when I watched the film on Pantini (which I watched on amazon Prime). This film was recommended because I rated that so highly, and how right that was. It seems an unbelievable story, but it is absolutely riveting because it is true. I watched some of the cycling in the 1990's and watching it again with my eyes open is both shocking and informative. At least justice was done. It was a 10/10 film for me.
on 1 March 2017
This would have got 5 stars had it not had quite so much non-subtitled language. A shame, as it takes away from the DVD as you know that any minute somebody is going to speak in Italian (without any subtitles). There are some subtitles, but not enough.
on 21 November 2016
My son enjoyed this when I gave it to him for his birthday.
on 21 July 2017
Tough..
on 26 April 2017
gr8 documentary
on 22 June 2015
Much of the dialogue is in European languages and the Kindle Fire version I had did not have sub-titles available (I did query this with Amazon).

The film is therefore pretty much unwatchable in that format.
on 21 August 2015
This may be a great film but as I don't speak Danish and there are no subtitles, its rather a waste of money.
on 2 November 2015
Good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 22 February 2013
A DVD about the way to the top, pain and accidents, training and teamwork. This is "the" DVD in the collection. If you don't have it, I recommend you buy it. Personally I've seen it several times all ready. Enjoy.
One person found this helpful