on 8 February 2009
This was bought for my grandson for christmas who is 18months and is excellant value for money, he plays with the farm non stop. Whenever he is visiting friends or family he takes it with him. Excellent value and brilliant for children learning all about animals and their sounds. I would recommend this to any parent.
on 20 February 2015
A brilliant addition to the farm. Extends little ones playtime. Would recommend.
on 26 August 2013
My little boy is animal mad so this was a lovely gift from his Grandma for his 2nd birthday, he can be quite boisterous when playing and this seems to be standing up well
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 February 2008
My daughter is 8 months old, I wasn't sure if this toy would be too big for her as the rec age is 1-5 years. However, she loves it and is able to open up all the gates and push the cockerel from side to side. The animals are just the right size for her chubby little hands to grasp hold of and despite her tugging at all the gates, they remain tightly fixed.

It is extremely well made, very sturdy and very entertaining with the sounds it makes. The best toy I've bought her since she's started to sit up. I can see that it will keep her entertained for years to come because as she gets older she will make up pretend games with it. I am going to buy the stable and collect other farm animals for it because you can add fences to the farm.

It really is brilliant, I am so so pleased and such a good price on Amazon too.

JUST TO ADD: My daughter is now almost 15 months old and this is now her favourite toy. She plays with it daily, loves pulling the animals out of the hay stack and putting them back in. As well as pulling all the doors to hear the noises. One of the best toys we have bought for her.
on 6 September 2008
This is a colourful chunky farm with lovely touch & feel animals and realistic animal sounds when gates/doors are opened.
I'm a big fan of Fisher Price and the Fisher-Price Little People Animal Sounds Farm is well-made and long lasting which is what I know when it comes to Fisher Price toys.

I just think the recommended age that is given with this farm (1-4 years) is slightly off, since this playset hasn't kept my daughter interested much beyond her second birthday.
I would have to agree with a previous review and will say that while every child is different, I think this toy would be better suited for those younger than 2 years, give or take a few months and perhaps even younger than 1 yr.

I may put it aside and re-introduce again later but we have done this before and it hasn't worked which is a pity really. Great fun yes, but not as stimulating as it could be for a two and a half or a three year old.
I would take a closer look at the activities of both toy and child (as well as age) before you buy.
on 20 January 2007
I bought this for my son for Christmas. He is just under a year old but this suits him perfectly. He loves the animals which are just the right size for his podgy hands. He can entertain himself for ages at a time (relative to his low attention span), opening and closing the gates which make animal noises. The animals end up getting carried around all over the place, and they obviously taste nice... It is a good way of teaching him about the different animals and getting him to develop his imagination. My only concern is that I can't see it keeping him occupied longer term - surely there is a finite amount of fun to be had putting animals in and out of their pens, sliding them off the roof or putting them down the shoot? Maybe that's because I'm not a child though and my concerns will be prooved unfounded.
on 16 October 2009
My Daughter loves this stuff and this is no exception. Superbly built and full of little touches.

The sounds are great and not too overwhelming for their little ears. Good selection of animals and plenty of moving bits to keep her entertained.
on 5 December 2008
I was very excited to buy the touch & feel farm for my daughter's 1st birthday. However, instead of animals with different materials for their manes, i just got plastic ones. I was very disappointed to not get what i wanted and sent back hoping they'll send the right one. But they did not. I will now have to find something else to give to my daughter.
on 8 October 2011
Fisher price at it's best! I bought this for my 12 month old daughter for christmas who is now 21 months, it has been dragged around, dropped off the sofa on numerous occasions and left outside on a wet night and still looks like new! The farm has helped with animal recognition and sounds and my daughter loves putting the cute animals down the shoot and shouting where's it gone, there it is! Not sure how much longer it will keep her interest but would recommend highly for under 3's. Impressed!
on 16 January 2012
I bought this farm for my 22 month old boy as he loves animals and anything that involves houses/farms and imaginary play. However, it really does very little. Basically, it makes a few animal noises and you can position them in different areas of the farm - and that's it. He plays for it for about 5 minutes and then loses interest so I'd say it's much more suited to a younger baby but not good enough for a toddler.