Customer reviews

on 29 November 2014
Strong light for its size. Very compact and only a couple of grams.
on 19 August 2010
Everything has really been said about this little beauty in previous reviews but I just wanted to add my positive review for this super little item.

A week or so ago two friends and I walked into the forestry to the highest point in South Wales (apparently), in order to take photos of a monument there and some night-shots of Cwmpark, Cardiff (Wenvoe) and Swansea (all visible from there). We spent longer than planned there and had to walk out in the dark using the flashes on our camera's to light the way, it took an hour...that was when I realised I needed a head-light and planned to look for one the next day.

On the next day I came on Amazon looking for a head-light, envisioning the only ones I had ever seen that were quite large with multiple LED's and suddenly coming across this little one. The reviews were good enough and the price was more than reasonable so that if it turned out to be no good the financial loss would not be too great. I ordered one and it arrived two days later. That night I went out with the dog in the pitch black and was amazed at how such a little thing could throw out so much useful light! A spotlight to be precise and it easily lit up 20 feet in front of me well enough to see clearly, It lit further than that with decreasing visibility as expected. But for me this is perfect as we intend to go to that that top-of-the-mountain again, as well as other places like it and this will come with me, packed into a little side-pocket of my camera bag.

It has a clip so that it can be secured on a lapel, cap, anything....it is adjustable so that it can be angled to shine at your feet or off into the distance.....simple operation twist one way to turn on, the opposite way to turn off.

It will have another use here as well and one which I submit on Amazon as another use for this little gem, setting controls on the camera in the dark by touch is very awkward and time consuming - this light will make that job easy.

So, if you want a headlight that is tiny, bright, light and cheap look no further. This is it.
on 8 May 2013
Very disappointing. It fits well, and it was great for the first trip I bought it for, but now even though I have purchased the correct battery type, it just glows feebly.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 March 2009
I've seen head-lights like this in specialist sports stores, but most were very expensive. I wanted a head-light, not for night-time sports use, but to read in bed when in hotel bedrooms that usually don't have a good bedside reading light, but, instead have a bright over-head light that shines on my husband as he tries to fall asleep. I've tried clip-on book-lights but find they don't work very well: falling off as you turn the page and/or not illuminating the bottom of the page. However, this little head-light is great: very light-weight with excellent illumination of the page of my book, and, as it attached to my forehead, directs the light to where I'm looking. All this for a very low price compared with other models I've seen. I can see that it will also be very good for walking at night leaving your hands free.
on 15 January 2012
I wanted to do some electrical work in my loft - to fix the loft light which had broken! Trying to hold a torch and work with electrics is not a good idea - so I bought this.

Fantastic product - the light is more than bright enough to show where you are working. The light itself has a bulb which cannot be replaced but you will get over 100,000 hrs. of light from the LED. The light itself works on a battery. You simply adjust the straps, pop it on your head, adjust where you want the light to go, and you are away.

I guess there will be a 1001 uses for this light. Great little torch to have in the event of an emergency.

Highly recommended.
on 13 February 2011
If you have to fit your training training runs in after dark this little gadget is the best six pounds worth of gear you will ever spend. It weighs virtually nothing but gives a good beam of light six to eight feet in front, allowing you to avoid puddles, ice patches and all the usual hazards. I wear mine clipped to the peak of a cap but it also has a headband, allowing it to be worn under the cap if it's raining ( it is described as water resistant ). The two coin-type batteries last many hours and replacement packs of twelve are very cheap anyway.Panasonic Specialist Lithium Coin Batteries CR2016 x 12 BTW, if you run with your mouth open look out for moths attracted to the bright light!
33 Comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 July 2017
It's okay but it wobbles and bounces up and down on my forehead. There is only a very small contact patch between the headlamp and forehead.
on 23 October 2009
I brought this light as I live in a rural area with very little street lighting and being a runner that runs off road in the morning before work I wanted to be able to see the path infront of me so that I could avoid cow pats, rabbit holes and tree roots!
I have never used a light like this before and spent some time looking at them wondering which one to get. It needed to be bright, stay in place whilst running, and not be too heavy.
Well, this little light is fantastic, I really recommend it.
It does all that I had hoped for and was surprisingly comfortable whilst running. It lights the path infront of me well and does not move when I'm running. It does have the option to be clipped on but I've not used it that way.
If like me you run in the dark winter mornings and need to see the path that your running I highly recommend this.
It arrived quickly and the price was much better than the ones I looked at in the shops.
11 Comment| 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 July 2010
I was looking for a small head torch for running & mountain treks, and found several options, most cheaper, via amazon. The first one I bought used 3 AAA batteries and was far too heavy, and it was not comfortable or easy to keep it in place in spite of a 3 way strap. I then came across this one, liked the reviews and decided to take the plunge, in spite of its being slightly more expensive.

I am in complete agreement with the other reviewers. This head light is extremely light and easy to use. The beam direction can be adjusted up to 90 degrees. It is quite economical too, using 2 CR2016 batteries, and a packet of 12 of these could be bought for just a few pounds via amazon.

Overall very pleased with this purchase. Definitely much more practical for sports purposes than the other chunky 3 strapped contraptions.
on 7 January 2016