Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 March 2008
This album is amazing. It's not the white stripes so don't compare it to them, just listen and make up your own mind. A few years down the line this will be considered a classic album.
on 4 February 2016
my sister was very pleased with it.
on 9 June 2016
never disapointing with Jack White
on 17 June 2010
At first listening to this album I was somewhat unsure of it's appeal. I really like The White Stripes but couldn't really get to grips with it. I fell in love with 'Steady As She Goes' however, but it was only until a few weeks ago that I had an epiphany.

I scrolled down the old ipod when travelling home on the train and selected 'The Raconteurs' because I felt in that sort of alternative mood, I wanted to listen to something I hadn't heard in a while. I then re-listened to the album and was blown away by it's utter uniqueness. The Raconteurs seem to be establishing a whole new genre of music to me or at least transporting us back to the mid 70's, creating atmospheres similar to that of Led Zeppelin (I was not actually born then, but you can appreciate what I am trying to say!)

Is it a perfect album? I would say no (hence the four stars) But it does take you with it, comes out from the earphones and makes you want more, which is more than I can say for a lot of albums I have bought recently. I particularly like the last track 'Blue Veins.' All I would say is don't hold expectations of it- not every song sounds similar to 'Steady, As She Goes' and I didn't have that personal experience with a particular song, BUT it is worth the buy!
on 17 May 2006
I must admit I bought this ALBUM because the premise looked good and the 2 songs I had heard were rather good. However, I find myself a little disappointed by it. It all seems a little rushed and half-baked. There are some terrific songs on here such as the title track, the opener, "Steady, As She Goes" and "Level" but there are also some clear fillers which is criminal for such a short running time.

To me this is Jack White having fun with the boys, which is great and why shouldn't he, but I feel he could have put a bit more effort into it.

It is a good, rollicking ALBUM full of eclecticism which recreates a great late 60's early 70's vibe but it is not the classic debut that everyone is gushing about either.
on 2 August 2014
Good band, brill music, get it...
on 17 May 2006
This album is actually incredibly good. I heard Steady as She Goes, and immediately wanted to get the album, and when I got it I was surprised the rest of the album isn't really like steady as she goes at all - its all very different. From 'retro rock' style songs like 'Broken Boy Solider' (in my opinion the best song on the album, and I don't usually like that kind of thing) to slower, more melodic songs like 'Together' the album varies greatly.

A highly recommended buy, it's somthing different to all the other music around at the moment.
on 17 May 2015
great, fast delivery too .
Cheap and good service