Customer reviews

New Vintage
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 June 2017
great to have this back in my collection
on 22 April 2006
This CD has been playing constantly since I got it.

This 18 year old has got a fantastic, mature voice, and seems, from his TV appearance last week, to have a confidence and ease while performing.

The songs are well chosen. From the first notes he sings of 'Joanna', you know you're in for a real treat. My other favourite tracks are 'Spooky', 'Girl from Ipanema', 'On Days Like These', 'Modern Way', and 'We've Only Just Begun' and listen out for a 'swing' version of 'I Saw Her Standing There'.

The CD cover compares Peter Grant to Harry Connick Jr. I much prefer Peter!

I'm looking forward to hearing him sing Mack the Knife.
on 26 June 2006
I ordered this album on a recommendation from a friend, it arrived this morning and I have been playing it continually, it is sensational.

I could take or leave The first track Joanna, the real highlights are, Spooky, The girl from Ipanema and the stand out track you're the first, the last, my everything. Peters delivery of this song is outstanding.

The whole album is a refreshing change from the usual tracks that lots of artists all record.

So this evening turn the lights down low, open a fine wine, cuddle up to your loved one and just listen and enjoy what is an amazing album.
on 13 December 2006
I bought this cd on the strength of hearing Peter played on Michael Parkinson's Sunday Radio 2 show, so wasn't really sure what to expect. I certainly wasn't disappointed, this is a fantastic album from start to finish. Peter has an incredibly mature voice for someone so young and obviously has immense talent. I took in Peter's UK tour at the Alban Arena, St Albans a few weeks ago which was fantastic, a young singer who performs as well live as he does in the studio. Well Done.
on 1 April 2006
This album is a must for everyone who loves this style of music. The phrasing, the diction and the sheer quality of his voice is truly outstanding. You will not beleive the talent from someone so young. The tracks that will just blow you away are 'Joanna', 'The best is yet to come', 'On days like these'...
The rest of the tracks??? You just want to keep playing over and over again. This is a must buy and will truly give Michael Buble a run for his money. Our very own home grown talent. Keeping this genre alive as they say.
Buy this album YOU WILL not be dissapointed.....
on 23 August 2006
It is amazing to hear songs of this type performed by such a young singer, but he performs them in a style that is reminiscent of that other great british singer Matt Monroe, now alas no longer with us.I was particularly attracted to the song "On Days Like These" which was performed by Matt to publicise that special film "The Italian Job". But no matter, Peter Grant has his own style and I hope we will be hearing a lot more of his talent in the very near future.
on 2 December 2006
The minute I heard the first track on this CD (Joanna), I was stunned!

The rest of the album does not disappoint either. Peter Grant's renditions are truly amazing. This guy is REALLY talented. I simply cannot wait til his next release of self-penned compositions. In the meantime, buy this!
on 5 July 2007
Was browsing the other day -no intention of buying anything specific when I saw this among the shelves. I'd not heard of him before, but enjoy this genre, and was caught by one or two of the tunes which I knew I would enjoy. Combined with a great price in HMV (sorry Amazon), I played it in the car on the way home, and it's been hot on the go ever since!. I'd enjoy hearing more from this lad - a smooth voice and an intuitive performance in this style. Excellent, and Highly recommended.
TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 17 April 2006
This debut album from Peter Grant is excellent because it showcases a new singer with talent in songs both new and old. The musical arrangements are first class and this is a vocalist we will hear more of in the future. My favourites are the oldies like "The More I See You" but his "You're The First The Last My Everything" is outstanding. Peter is a "one-off", not a copy or someone trying to imitate, he doesn't need any of that. A definite best of 2006.

Clive Fuller
on 7 August 2007
I'm not usually impressed by contemporary artists, however Peter Grant is an exceptional talent. This is a marvellous album with some great performances from this teenager. Not all the songs here appealed to me, but Peter sings them so well that he makes them worth listening to. The backing musicians also deserve praise as they are spot on.

My favourite track is "The More I See You", a lovely song from the Second World War, but given a more contemporary treatment. I wish he would revive some of the lesser heard standards from that era - and before.

Having seen Peter perform live, I can confirm that he is every bit as good in the flesh - and he deserves every success.