on 29 July 2017
Is there a film out there with more women actors in it?
Hepburn is just tremendous in this film.
Don't be fooled, this is not a film about Nuns, rather this is a film about a young women who happens to become a nun and then struggles at great length with her place in the world and her spiritual beliefs.
Peter Finch gives a very fine performance in the main supporting role.
The settings of pre war Belgium and the Congo help make this film the true classic that it is.
Excellant production values and quality. When I first saw it, in the year of its release, on the largest cinema screen in Europe it was truly amazing. Nonetheless this is still a great film even on DVD.
3 people found this helpful
on 23 February 2016
This is one of my favourite films Audrey Hepburn, was truly a stunning humble Kind character, she truly for me court the essence of being a nun and all the inner struggle we christian have while walking with Jesus Christ, It's truthful humbling and kind and all human emotions are addressed in a sincere way. I loved this movie, it's a great film for all the family.
3 people found this helpful
on 24 March 2018
One of my all-time favourites. Doesn't date in its brilliant content. A must for every DVD collector. Very highly recommended. Very speedy delivery.
on 12 February 2018
Wonderful film have watched it over and over
on 2 October 2017
Great classic with the still missed Audrey Hepburn (irreplaceable)
on 5 March 2018
Bought for Mother's day present but goes to Korean subtitles by default. It does have English subtitles, but Mother does not know how to navigate the subtitles menu, leading to frustration on her part.
on 4 March 2016
I first saw this film last year on tv and thought it was good so I wanted to get it. I've started to collect classic films so much better than a lot of stuff around now. I'd say it's one of her best films
on 11 February 2018
Wonderful Story and well acted.
One person found this helpful
on 12 June 2017
Thanks for this rare A. Hepburn-movie. (1959, fortunately in colour).
on 19 November 2017
one of my favourite films