Format: DVD|Change

on 24 June 2005
Again not disapointed with our home grown comedy.
The royle family is a typical look inside the homes of most Brit families and i have to say that most people out there know a family just like them.
I laughed and shook my head at some of the comments and knowing looks in the royle house hold and found myself smarting with embarrasment as i found myself transported back to my own experiences on the settie in front of the box with familiy and friends just like the royles LOL.
Nana played by liz smith is tops in her role as the mother inlaw of jim royle and made me laugh constantly specialy when in the Christmas episode she comments on how she likes the big girl that plays the vicar of dibley ironicaly as shes a star in the same series.
Also jim royle played by Ricky tomlinson who in my opinion is fantastic in his role as the loud mouthed lazy negative father and know it all which to my shame is me to a tee LOL.
Anyway well worth buying and i will be buying the 3rd series.
And great to see granada including the christmas episode instead of pulling the old trick of making you buy the christmas episode seperately as many of them do.
Once again fantastic work from my friends at Amazon UK who i give 10 stars out of 5 for their promt and fast service to the USA as usual that just keeps me buying and buying.
Well done Amazon ...
on 19 December 2014
Great
on 7 September 2003
Nothing has changed since Series 1. The Royle's are still as obnoxious as ever and the one liners keep getting better. The Christmas special is great.
I'll just have to look out for Series 3 !
on 6 November 2000
This second series of the award winning BBC comedy just gets better and better. This time around Denise (wonderfully played by Caroline Aherne) is pregnant, following her marriage to Dave. This gives her a great excuse (not that she needed one) not to work too hard.
The family still enjoy the odd night around the tv set and the stream of one hilarious one liners will amuse you time and time again.
This comedy must rank up there with Fawlty Towers and Only Fools and Horses as one the classic TV comedies of all time.
on 30 October 2005
What can i say. The Royle Family leaves you breathless at the end of each and every episode. It is without a doubt a british classic that will go down in history as one of the best sitcoms ever made. Ricky Tomlinson portrays his miserable and lazy character with perfection. Along with Caroline Aherne as the "fussy one" and Craig Cash who just goes with the flow. This Programme is sheer excellence. I recommend it to anyone.
on 1 May 2004
I love The Royle Family. It's written to perfection and I really looked forward to seeing all the episodes again on the DVD. I couldn't believe the music edit on episode seven when Denise was in labour and Jim switched her tape on. It was supposed to be Charlotte Church's version of the tearjerking 'Pie Jesu' and instead some weird opera crap played throughout Jim's emotional speech. It didn't ruin the moment completely because the dialogue alone is amazing, but it certainly diminished some of the emotion the scene once bestowed. If it wasn't for this I would give the DVD 5 out of 5.
on 30 December 2000
After watching the first series, I couldn't wait for this (The 2nd) series to be released, and I have to say that I was not dissapointed. Every episode had me in tears with laughter.
I can't wait for the third series to be released on DVD.
I have to add, that I am also a little dissapointed with the lack of special features on the DVD, like you find on most other discs.
However, this didn't take the shine of the quality of the program itself at all.
on 7 November 2000
Following on from the superb 1st series, the standard of the humour in this the second series just gets better and better. Highlight of this disk has to the christmas special though. Unfortunately as with the 1st series dvd why are there no special features
on 10 March 2009
The gentle humour of the script and great characterisation coupled with superb acting make this DVD a frequent viewing choice in our house.
on 1 May 2014
As per TV series - observant, almost mundane situations reveal humour in this out of the ordinary situation comedy - fun identifying members of the family nearest to the characters.